What I learned on Golden Princess

BarbaraP

Don, I took photos of S714 and S706 during turn around day on our B2B on the Golden last month. I posted photos on CC or you can e-mail me at IECalCruiser@1694vsh.com.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=35869234&highlight=s714#post35869234

Brian, the e-mail address did not work for me. I copied it into the address bar and still did not work. Sent you one to the old address at engineering.

Thanks for the information and pictures.

Barb, do you remember the name of the Golden's Maitre'd? We will be going 11/21 to Hawaii. Thank you for the updates!

It was Angelo Balbiani, he and several officer's showed up at our M&G and well as capt. Calabrese. Very nice touch in my opinion!;)

Barbara,

So was your thermostat controlled kettle, simply defined as 'auto shut off", or it is something more extensive than that. ? Some kettles, coffee

makers have nothing about that on the box, some will say with auto shut off. Is that the same ?

Sherri

Yes it was a Hamilton Beach "auto shut off", but it must have an internal thermostat to tell it when it's reached boiling temp., because it immediately shuts off. We have also used a Cuisinart coffee maker with a stainless steel thermal carafe which has an auto shut off after it has dripped, which we were told was okay as long as it does not have a warming plate.

I only brought this up because there was a thread a few months ago that said they had band all kettles/coffee makers, but our muster drill stated the above type were okay

Archived