Hurricane Damage in Nassau and Freeport?

FrogCollector

I cruising on 11/29 on the Carnival Ecstasy. I will be with a group of 8 women. I am trying to find interesting things to do on Nassau and Freeport.

I am interested in the Garden of the Groves and City Tour in Freeport, but of course do not want to pay to tour the Gardens if they have been ravaged by the storm.

If you have been there since the hurricane, please share what the extent of the damage is.

Also, if you have been to the Garden of the Groves please tell me if it is as nice as it looks on the Carnival website.

Thanks for your help!

We visited Nassau on Friday, other than a little deck damage at Senor Frogs and thats because they are right on the water, we could not tell anything had happened. I ask a local about the hurricane and he said, the brunt of it missed them, it was mostly a very strong thunderstorm with winds and they were very lucky. I think you will be fine.

Happy Sailing,

I cruising on 11/29 on the Carnival Ecstasy. I will be with a group of 8 women.

We will be on this cruise too. You should join our roll call (if you have not already) and we have a FB page. The link is in the roll call. Sorry if you already have, I get on the FB page so am not familiar with screen names.

• 3 years later...
I cruising on 11/29 on the Carnival Ecstasy. I will be with a group of 8 women. I am trying to find interesting things to do on Nassau and Freeport.

I am interested in the Garden of the Groves and City Tour in Freeport, but of course do not want to pay to tour the Gardens if they have been ravaged by the storm.

If you have been there since the hurricane, please share what the extent of the damage is.

Also, if you have been to the Garden of the Groves please tell me if it is as nice as it looks on the Carnival website.

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

I just happened upon this article about damage to Garden of the Groves:

"Garden of the Groves had extensive damage to the landscape but restoration efforts are underway. Grand Bahama Nature Tours reported that they were able to secure all of its equipment and will be able to run Jeep, bike, ATV and kayak tours as soon as all routes are assessed and cleared for safety. Tours are expected to recommence on October 31, the company said. "

I have not been there myself, but I would give it a try if I were you. They need all the support from tourists that they can get now.

Hope that helps. Have Fun!!

Hi,

I just happened upon this article about damage to Garden of the Groves:

"Garden of the Groves had extensive damage to the landscape but restoration efforts are underway. Grand Bahama Nature Tours reported that they were able to secure all of its equipment and will be able to run Jeep, bike, ATV and kayak tours as soon as all routes are assessed and cleared for safety. Tours are expected to recommence on October 31, the company said. "

I have not been there myself, but I would give it a try if I were you. They need all the support from tourists that they can get now.

Hope that helps. Have Fun!!

You do realize the original post is from 2012? But glad to know Garden of the Groves is just about ready for visitors again.