May miss the ship - hotel reco's in Cozumel?

papayagirl

Thanks all. We kept calling Delta today and 4 seats opened up on a 2pm flight out of Laguardia tomorrow. So we're going to take the day off work and hope that even if the flight doesn't take off, we'll have a good 20 hours to hang out and get another flight.

Sadly, my parents were supposed to come with us, and the prospect of having to change to a connecting flight without us there to help them, leave their house without power, and a bunch of other things was too stressful for them, and they chose to cancel and lose 25% of their $. I'm so upset about it, but at least we're going, so cross your fingers that we get there!!

YAY! Have a great cruise... you all sure deserve it.:)

Glad you still get to make your cruise! Hope your power comes back soon! Ours is still out, but half of our neighborhood lit up last night and I'm hoping we'll join them in the HEAT today. Brrrr, it is so cold at night...

(posted from work)

Is that 25% from Carnival? I would call Carnival and explain the situation they re in and see if they give them 100% refund. Its worth a try.

Glad to hear you can still go. Hopefully when you return power will be restored and there will be gas. Have a great cruise you deserve it!

You know someone will crop up with.....did they....?

If they did, wouldn't they get 100% or is it 75%. I've never had to cancel on such short notice before, so I don't know.

If they didn't, wouldn't it be all lost?

Yes, we are only a 4 hour drive, IAD or DCA all major carriers to MIA, if you want to leave the car at our house we will get you to the airport to save money on parking.

This is such a nice offer that I had to comment. Good to know there are people like you out there.

To the OP, I'm sorry you had to face this dilemma, but I'm glad you were able to get flights sorted. I hope you enjoy the cruise and hope things are looking up when you return.

Archived