Parking at ship in Galveston

readyforgetaway

1st time cruiser here w/a question:

Can someone tell me how much the parking fees are to leave your vehicle in Galveston? We're sailing 1/13-1/20 on RCCL. (We are driving down day of; not staying in hotel the night before)

If you would like to park and just walk across the street instead of worrying about waiting on a shuttle, there are 2 places. One is Park N Cruise. The other is Boi Valet. They are both $65.00.

If you don't mind the shuttle, there is EZ Cruise, as previously stated and Lighthouse. They are very similar except, I believe that Lighthouse now has covered parking. They cost less if you reserve ahead of time. The port also has parking and they will shuttle you and your luggage also. If you would like to see all of them and the prices, you can go to "galveston dot com/cruiseparking". Put a period in place of the dot.

I hope this helps. Have a wonderful cruise!

I read on one of these post that disabled vets park free in one of these lots..anyone heard of this??

This is true at the Port of Galveston parking. We did not know this our first three cruises but it has really saved us money since we learned this. All the disabled vet has to do is have their service connected ID card or the paperwork stating service connected. At the gate, they direct us to the office trailer where they verify the information and give my husband a paper to put in the window. We then are told to park in the handicapped spots by the office. Really works great and the money saved can be used much better on the cruise!!

Cathy

This is true at the Port of Galveston parking. We did not know this our first three cruises but it has really saved us money since we learned this. All the disabled vet has to do is have their service connected ID card or the paperwork stating service connected. At the gate, they direct us to the office trailer where they verify the information and give my husband a paper to put in the window. We then are told to park in the handicapped spots by the office. Really works great and the money saved can be used much better on the cruise!!

Cathy

Do you know if that is for only 100% disabled veterans or any percentage of disability? Thanks!

Do you know if that is for only 100% disabled veterans or any percentage of disability? Thanks!

Hubby is not 100% but has his service-connected ID card verifying he has at least some and we get it with no problem. The Port of Galveston website simply says disabled vets. Sure can save some money.

Cathy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived