Hawaii

mar326

We did Celebrity Infinity last April. Flew into Honolulu 3 days early, rented a car, stayed at Hilton Hawaiian Village, and explored Oahu for 3 days. Got on the ship, rented cars in each port. We took helicopter tours on Kauai, and from Hilo over the volcano. It was just great.

I'd advise you to get an Entertainment book for Hawaii. My wife and I saved over $260 in Oahu alone, and it is good on most of the islanfs

Millenium - Trans Panama Canal, 4/2004
Brilliance of the Seas - W. Caribbean 12/2003
Infinity - Hawaii 4/2003
Jubilee - W. Caribbean 4/2002
Inspiration - S Caribbean 12/1996
General Henry Gibbons- Puerto Rico 1959
Pvt William H Thomas - Puerto Rico 1956
(OK, these last two weren't really 'cruises')

We just returned from the Carnival Spirit / Hawaii, sailing seven days around the islands, then five sea days to Vancouver. We loved it - had a great time. Here is a link to my review if you'd care to read it:

[url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=969097554&m=844109981"]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=969097554&m=844109981[/url]

We met many people who likewise thoroughly enjoyed their cruise. Some folks who usually sail more upscale lines were disappointed in the food / service. We enjoy Carnival's casual atmosphere, knew what to expect and had a great time.

I'd be happy to answer any questions.

Janet

Carnival Legend 03/11/05
Carnival Spirit 04/30/04
Carnival Imagination 10/14/02
RCI Voyager of the Seas 09/01/02
Carnival Victory 03/03/02
Disney Wonder 01/24/02
Carnival Paradise 10/22/00
Disney Magic 09/1999
Carnival Fantasy 02/14/99
Carnival Sensation 01/10/98
Carnival Fantasy 02/01/96
Carnival Holiday 06/18/93
Carnival Carnivale 03/21/91

My advice would be to check into NCL's Pride of Aloha which takes its inaugural Hawaiian itinerary this July. It sails roundtrip out of Honolulu so you don't get the "open jaw" airfare cost but the big plus is it stays overnight in both Maui and Kauai which are the two best ports. This gives you ample time to sample what those islands have to offer. All the other cruises spend less than a day in all ports. We only had six hours in Maui because we were late in arriving.

Peter

Peter,

The Spirit stays over night in Maui. We did have only one day in Kauai - which was beautiful.

My "open jaw" fare ($493) was less than round-trip ($600+). Plus I had the "benefit" of five sea days (we love them) to rest up and flying home with just three hours time difference.

Janet

Archived