Question about Oasis/Allure Deck plan

On the Oasis/Allure deckplan in the mid ship area there is a blank square/void space across from some of the cabins (between the humps). I always assumed those blank areas are storage spaces for the room stewards/luggage, etc.

Is that what they are and does it make it noisy? Because on deck 10 for example, the D5's are across from these spaces. The rooms not across from these areas are more expensive like D2's.

Is that an area to avoid? I searched online and didn't see anyone say anything specific about it.

Thanks!

The blank areas that you're talking about on Deck 10 (across from 10618, for example) are behind the living walls in Central Park. So, as a guess, they are likely maintenance areas for that. So I would not be worried about those particular D5's.

In general terms I don't worry about crew spaces (and blank areas on the map are almost always crew or maintenance spaces) that are across the hallway. But I try to avoid being directly adjacent to them.

I read a review on here a month or two ago and the person mentioned having a room right next to that (sorry, don't remember which one!)

If I remember correctly they said it did cause some noise, but nothing too terrible.

we are sailing on the oasis in may we have 4 cabins 11224 to 11218

cat 5. just accross the hall in a large blank space I spoke to my ta @ RC and he said it was a large picture window . I do not know for sure if this is the space you are posting about. check our rooms out on deck plan and see if we are talking about the same plank space.judy;)

we are sailing on the oasis in may we have 4 cabins 11224 to 11218

cat 5. just accross the hall in a large blank space I spoke to my ta @ RC and he said it was a large picture window . I do not know for sure if this is the space you are posting about. check our rooms out on deck plan and see if we are talking about the same plank space.judy;)

Sorry, but whomever you told to at RC is incorrect (no surprisingly). The only large picture windows looking out into Central Park are on the ends, not on the cabin sides.

Take a look at this picture. The green space on the walls is the living walls, that's what's behind those particular white spaces.

oasis4.jpg

I called R.C tonight and spoke to a supervisor about the blank space across from my cabins. She said it was NOT a storage area it was a setting area with a picture window. they do not use prime locations like that for storage rooms. I was going to change my cabin if that was indeed the case. judy

JK I do not care if I can only see IVY out that window my concern was I did not want to be across the hall from a storage room. I take it you have been on the ship yourself and you have seen the area I am posting about first hand. :rolleyes:

Archived