Timing of Cabin Assignments

richardj450

We made reservations several weeks ago for a Celebrity cruise out of Fort Lauderdale on Feb 17, 2013, with a Concierge cabin to be assigned. Does anyone know if there is any kind of time frame when our cabin would be assigned? Our only previous experience was with Royal Caribbean and it was just a matter of a few days after we booked.

We made reservations several weeks ago for a Celebrity cruise out of Fort Lauderdale on Feb 17, 2013, with a Concierge cabin to be assigned. Does anyone know if there is any kind of time frame when our cabin would be assigned? Our only previous experience was with Royal Caribbean and it was just a matter of a few days after we booked.

There are over 75 Concierge Cabins on that sailing, so I don't know why you wouldn't be assigned one now. I would call your travel agent or Celebrity and ask to be assigned a cabin. Once you get assigned, you can change cabins within that same category if you don't like the one they gave you.

There are over 75 Concierge Cabins on that sailing, so I don't know why you wouldn't be assigned one now. I would call your travel agent or Celebrity and ask to be assigned a cabin. Once you get assigned, you can change cabins within that same category if you don't like the one they gave you.

When one books a guarantee it is the cruise line, not the passenger, that dictates when an assignment is made. Sometimes it is fast (within hours of booking) and on rare occasions not until one arrives at the port. The vast majority of the time it is somewhere in between. Once one is assigned it is not necessarily permanent, some (including myself) have been switched at some point to a different room (luckily for me it was a nice upgrade when this occurred). While one usually can call and ask to be moved to a different room in the same category - this is not a "right" one has, but is a nice gesture that Celebrity usually (but not always) grants. The terms of booking a guarantee do not explicitly permit such a change.

Archived