Question about Belize

suamom

My DH and I are on the Liberty next week. One of our ports will be Belize. We have not been there before and are a bit apprehensive about the safety.

We are looking at booking the RCCI excursion to the zoo. What are your thoughts about the safety of this excursion and also about general safety in Belize? We will not be out wandering by ourselves in Belize City.

I thought about posting this is the Belize port forum but it is much more active here and I know a lot of you can give me opinions. I need to get this booked tonight or tomorrow if we can make a decision.

Thanks!

Trish

We did the Belize Zoo and river trip a few years ago. It remains one of my favorite excursions. We never felt unsafe or at risk. The zoo was nice, lunch was good, and the boat ride back delivered several interesting sights. I would recommend it to anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did the Belize Zoo and river trip a few years ago. It remains one of my favorite excursions. We never felt unsafe or at risk. The zoo was nice, lunch was good, and the boat ride back delivered several interesting sights. I would recommend it to anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto, been to Belize several times, never felt unsafe!

Unless you have small kids or manuvering difficulties, there is so much more to see in Belize then the Zoo (my opinion only) like the cave tubing or going to Lamanii Ruins or water taxi over to Caye Caulker to snorkel. English is their first language and everyone is friendly that we ever met.

Only time I ever felt any anxiety over my safety was inside the port with 6 ships there on the same day. The crowds were unbelievable:D

Last December, DW and I took a ship sponsored tour to Lamanai. We were on Mariner of the Seas. It was a very long day but well worth it.

However, on our way back, our tour bus was stuck in traffic, and we were about 45min. late getting back to the ship. :eek:

Since we were on a cruise line sponsored tour, the ship would have waited for us.

If you are interested, you can view my wife's pictures at this link to her website.

http://nancysoasis.com/belize/belize.html

My DH and I are on the Liberty next week. One of our ports will be Belize. We have not been there before and are a bit apprehensive about the safety.

We are looking at booking the RCCI excursion to the zoo. What are your thoughts about the safety of this excursion and also about general safety in Belize? We will not be out wandering by ourselves in Belize City.

I thought about posting this is the Belize port forum but it is much more active here and I know a lot of you can give me opinions. I need to get this booked tonight or tomorrow if we can make a decision.

Thanks!

Trish

It is my belief that the cruise line and the operator take many precautions to keep their charge safe. One robbery, or one hold up will create lots of bad PR for the cruise line. So if you are going on an excursion through the ship, presumably you should be safe.

I love Belize and I second the suggestion of the ship excursion to Lamanai. Maybe the best excursion we have done after lots and lots of cruises.

Barb

Hi Barb!

Did you do this excursion through Carnival? If so is it called something else? I am not finding it.

• 5 weeks later...

I am booked on the January 27th cruise from New Orlrans on Carnival Conquest. We booked a private shore excursion for a Bannister Beach Break. This tour was cancelled because the tour operator tells us Carnival has asked that Bannister Beach be closed to private tour operators while Carnival is in port. Has anyone else heard about this?

Archived