Need Walking tour guide for DIY tour

Tmaxx1

My wife and 14 and 10 year old children have 1 day to spend touring New Orleans. We don't have the funds for a paid tour (we'll be spending too much on our cruise;). We would like to find some walking tour guides to use as we visit. Any ideas where I could get something like this?

My wife and 14 and 10 year old children have 1 day to spend touring New Orleans. We don't have the funds for a paid tour (we'll be spending too much on our cruise;). We would like to find some walking tour guides to use as we visit. Any ideas where I could get something like this?

Hi Tmaxx1,

Try this as it has some good info:

http://www.411nola.com/visitor-info/tours/self-guided-tours/

Hope this helps,

Jorge

Hey y'all!

I just checked on my I-phone and there are several Audio Walking tours available for download.

Me-tour New Orleans walking tour is only .99! Can't go too wrong there!

Another one I saw was called...

NOLA Guide's French Quarter Tour and it costs $4.99

Neither of them had any reviews yet, but I did see some bad reviews for

Calliope's version of this tour (that ironically was recomnended by the USA Today article posted by Jorge) did get some really negative reviews.

• 1 month later...

Groupon just had a tour for 4 people for $18 from STRAY BOOTS. We are going to be in NO in Jan and purchased this groupon deal. We have been to NO several times and this seems like a fun way to see NO. It is a self guided, scavenger hunt, tour via your phone.

Groupon just had a tour for 4 people for $18 from STRAY BOOTS. We are going to be in NO in Jan and purchased this groupon deal. We have been to NO several times and this seems like a fun way to see NO. It is a self guided, scavenger hunt, tour via your phone.

Sometimes they have coupon codes available...try google...you really only need to pay for one person who has a cellphone with GPS

Sometimes they have coupon codes available...try google...you really only need to pay for one person who has a cellphone with GPS

Yes, but I feel like I am stealing by only paying for one person when four people are playing. Their website respectfully asks that you pay for all players. There will be four of us so we payed for four people.

• 5 months later...

Archived