Allure Halloween Cruise Photo Report Oct 28th 2012

Sinppu

Thanks for the great report! I enjoyed it a lot. I come from Finland too but live in Stockholm now. I just love cruising and cruisecritic! Nice to find someone in my age who loves cruising and comes from Finland... :)

You are welcome! You live in my favourite city in the whole world :)

We may be the only two, you know ;)

You are welcome! You live in my favourite city in the whole world :)

We may be the only two, you know ;)

I bet there aren't that many Finnish young (I am flattering us..) women on Cruisecritic. This is a very addictive hobby. We are looking forward to our April cruise from Barcelona (Serenade of the seas or Equinox) Haven't booked yet, are waiting for a good deal. And I am planing a Celebrity Summit cruise from Puerto Rico in January 2014... And Australian cruise 2015... Haha, you get the point... :)

I bet there aren't that many Finnish young (I am flattering us..) women on Cruisecritic. This is a very addictive hobby. We are looking forward to our April cruise from Barcelona (Serenade of the seas or Equinox) Haven't booked yet, are waiting for a good deal. And I am planing a Celebrity Summit cruise from Puerto Rico in January 2014... And Australian cruise 2015... Haha, you get the point... :)

Wow, great minds think alike!! :p

I have a Southern Caribbean from Puerto Rico booked and a TransPacific from Sydney with Celebrity in 2014 firmly being planned :cool:

And the Alaska one, of course.

I don't even want to take a land tour anymore :rolleyes:

Edited by Sinppu

Wow, great minds think alike!! :p

I have a Southern Caribbean from Puerto Rico booked and a TransPacific from Sydney with Celebrity in 2014 firmly being planned :cool:

And the Alaska one, of course.

I don't even want to take a land tour anymore :rolleyes:

Ooh, nice! I just love planning and reading about different ports and excursions. My boyfriend likes crusing but he wants to travel "in a normal way" as well so we are going to Thailand in January. But I am getting my 12 nights long mediterranean cruise in April... Do you do all the planning or is your hubby involved?

Not in any way if he can help it :D

I tell him when to take time off from work, what to pack and when to be at the airport.

He likes it that way.

I'm just the opposite I tell my wife when we are sailing and the time of our flights. But I DON"T TELL HER WHAT TO PACK. lol

I'm just the opposite I tell my wife when we are sailing and the time of our flights. But I DON"T TELL HER WHAT TO PACK. lol

:D:D Good one Doug.

It's more in the lines of "It'll be the summer in the Caribbean" or "Cold and snow in Germany". After that he can pack whatever he wants :)

I am doing the "prework" when it comes to planning and deciding which route, which ship and so on but we make all the bigger decisions together. And fortunately he packs his own clothes... Otherwise he would have 10 pair of shoes, two suits and tooo many t-shirts... ;)

My husband doesn't participate in any way, he doesn't want to. I sometimes ask his opinion about something and I get this look :mad:.

He says I've been doing a great job for over 8 years now and the less he gets involved the less stress for both of us.

Bless him :D

Edited by Sinppu

He is a lucky guy! He has a personal cruise planner... :) My boyfriend is interested but not obsessed in a same way I am so I usually summarize my thoughts and plans and we then discuss different alternatives.. He doesn't want to hear everything I have read here... I admit, I read a lot... ;)

This review is awesome, and the pictures look fantastic!

I was wondering what type of camera you used to take these pictures... I am looking to purchase one for my upcoming cruise on the Allure in december, but have no idea what to buy!

HI and welcome to CruiseCritic!!

We have a Canon 1100. It's a basic DSLR but very handy.

Hope you have a great cruise :)

enjoyed your review and your sense of humor...especially loved the Halloween costume pics, since Halloween is one of my favorite holidays:)

I can totally understand now why so many people want to cruise on Halloween. Wow.

I have searched every website and googled "It's All About Eve Dress" every way possible and I still cant find the dress. Would you happen to have a model number for it?

Thanks again!

Matt

You might find it here.

Nice of you to help, Ginny.

It might also be that they do not sell that brand in the US, only here in Europe. Unbelievable, I know ;)

Hey guys, thanks for the help! very much appreciated! However I went through every page twice and still didn't see the dress :(

If it is a European site that I can find it on thats fine, my wife is from England and I can have it sent to her family there if need be and then send it to me here in California.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Hey guys, thanks for the help! very much appreciated! However I went through every page twice and still didn't see the dress :(

If it is a European site that I can find it on thats fine, my wife is from England and I can have it sent to her family there if need be and then send it to me here in California.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Hi Matt.

I found a website where it's on sale. It's in Finnish though but maybe Google Translate will help you.

I hope you get the dress (and if you do, tell your wife she's a very lucky lady for having such a husband :D)

http://kauppa.dots.fi/brand/6/

Hi Sinny, yet another awesome review!!!!! It was so nice meeting you in person and I hope we'll meet again on another cruise someday. We all got a nice pad and pen...:rolleyes: (think you know what I mean) LOL

We just got home last night from our b2b. Of course we had the same shows and managed to go back to a few of them. I have seen Chicago before and it was very good but my favorite was Blue Planet. It is a very unique show.

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful. Your post #38 includes a picture of John & I. It was a total surprise to see it.

Thanks again and keep on writing your fabulous reviews!!!

Janeen

Hi Sinny, yet another awesome review!!!!! It was so nice meeting you in person and I hope we'll meet again on another cruise someday. We all got a nice pad and pen...:rolleyes: (think you know what I mean) LOL

We just got home last night from our b2b. Of course we had the same shows and managed to go back to a few of them. I have seen Chicago before and it was very good but my favorite was Blue Planet. It is a very unique show.

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful. Your post #38 includes a picture of John & I. It was a total surprise to see it.

Thanks again and keep on writing your fabulous reviews!!!

Janeen

Hi Janeen!! You indeed were there in the photo behind Debby and Ronny :)

I hope the last leg of your b2b was great. It was so nice to meet you too and I'll definitely keep an eye on our future cruises... maybe we'll get another pen and pad together someday :D

I'm happy you liked the review, there'll be more ;)

Edited by Sinppu

You made me smile right back :)

You're from San Francisco? I'd love to see it one day.

West Coast cruise, anyone???

Count us in. We have a good friend in San Francisco that can show us the city. Love the review my friend. Looking forward to cruising with you again.

I know what you mean, but winner? Nope, seen this bathroom before. Here is a unique bathroom I posted a pic of back in 2006. Its so unique a few people will instantly be able to tell what ship and where it is.

guess.jpg

Enjoying your review, pardon my interruption.

Voyager of the Seas....bathroom outside the Windjammer I believe....