Dream Cabins- Deck Plans

I am looking at the deck plans on the Dream for decks 5/6.

We are booked for an Outside Plus cabin on either of these decks. Can anyone tell me what the two oblong spaces in the middle of the ship are on deck 5? Also there is a similar space on deck 6.

I know it's not a great idea to be too close to the lifts as you sometimes can here them in operation....opening and closing of doors etc.

But with no indication of what these "gaps" are in the deck plans, it would be hard to choose a cabin.

Are there any cabins in these areas that you would avoid and why?

Thanks for your help

Lorraine

The oblongs towards the rear of decks 5, 6 & 7 are where the funnel rises through the ship from the engine room. I'm not sure about the oblong at the front of deck 5 though, possibly crew cabins etc... I'm sure somebody will be able to advise on that one.

I think the general advice on most ships is to avoid the rear if possible as you're more likely to get a slight noise from the engine room and also some vibration when docking etc.

They are storage areas for the stewrds - where they keep the spare items and in the bigger ones where they keep the trolleys.

As for the lifts - they do not make any sound of any significance - the only risk is people waiting for them chatting etc - that is more noise than the lifts make.

Due to ship engine noise I would avoid those cabins further back than 6142 and 6143 and the equivalent on Deck 5.

They are storage areas for the stewrds - where they keep the spare items and in the bigger ones where they keep the trolleys.

As for the lifts - they do not make any sound of any significance - the only risk is people waiting for them chatting etc - that is more noise than the lifts make.

Due to ship engine noise I would avoid those cabins further back than 6142 and 6143 and the equivalent on Deck 5.

Def agree with avoid those cabins. We were in 7145 and it was very noisy and 'creaky' and felt a lot of vibration. Hardly slept at all.:(

In the olden days it used to be a public launderette, probably storage now as the extract more cash from you for the pay service.

Thanks Dave, shame its not still a self service laundry then, would have been mega handy for us. Like you say good excuse to get that bit extra from us !! :(

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Archived