Plated meals

elaine61

There is a big debate at the moment on another board that I look at here in the UK about plated meals. At the moment P & O offer a silver service in their restaurants, but the new brochure has arrived for 2006 and changes are afoot. I think they are testing the water with one of their ships by using plated meals instead of silver service. We are due to go on the QM2 later this year and I know that they too use plated meals rather than the silver service. I am a creature of habit and prefer silver service as you can have more of your favourite vegetable and less or none of the pototoes on offer!! My question really is how flexible are they on QM2 about extra portions say of vegetables. My husband hates vegetables and would rather have a side salad. I'd rather have a plateful of carrots than potatoes!!!! Do they accommodate fussy eaters like us????

Elaine

Elaine

In the Princess Grill the meat arrived plated and then vegetables were served in the silver service style. It was never too much trouble to change anything for a salad. The eating order is American style with a salad course between the first course (appetiser) and the main. I asked for a green salad as an accompanyment on several occasions with no problem.

The composition of the main course sometimes meant that the vegetables were an integral part of the presentation but there was never a problem getting extra/different vegetables etc. From speaking to people in the Britannia there was no problem here either as the menus are essentially the same.

I have not cruised with P & O but understand that the standard of cuisine on the QM2 is significantly higher but more American in style.

Hope you will be happy........and have a great trip.

Archived