Dolphin Swim - Can We Watch Kids?

Zeke3

Hi, All! We will be traveling with two 13-year olds who want to do the Dolphin Swim/Encounter. DH and I prefer not to participate but we don't want to let the children (even at age 13) out of our sight in another country. Does anyone know if we will be able to just watch them or do you go off in a separate group? Is it in a safe/contained environment. I'm not so much concerned about them getting hurt but more afraid of them getting lost or led astray. I hope I'm making sense.

Thanks!

The dolphin arena is surrounded by a pier (only 1 way in and out) you are welcome to accompany your children to the pier where you can watch and take pictures. You will pay the Chankanaab Park entrance fee $12 but there is no additional charge for you to watch.

DH and I prefer not to participate but we don't want to let the children (even at age 13) out of our sight in another country.
Always a wise decision, though Cozumel is a really safe place, even for kids. (except for the darn mopeds, stay off of them)

Does anyone know if we will be able to just watch them or do you go off in a separate group?
Not only can you watch them, you can take photos too. DW did when our kids did the swim. Dolphin Swim photo Gallery

Is it in a safe/contained environment.
Yes, quite safe and contained.

In addition to the dolphin swim, Chankanaab park has lots of other stuff to see/do. You could easily spend most, if not all, of the day there.

Attractions there are:

• Snorkeling - gear rental available there
  • Reproduction Mayan Ruins
  • mini-golf
  • on-site scuba dive operations, great for discover scuba
  • botanical garden
  • sea lion show
  • Gift shops
  • restaurant with decent food

There is probably more that I'm missing, but since you have already payed $12 per person to get into the park, you might as well take advantage of all it offers.

Thank You for your responses! I feel much more comfortable now and excited that the kids will be able to participate with mom and dad watching. Chankanaab park also sounds like a great place to spend the day. Thanks again!!!

Archived