Which EOS cabins got flooded?

For those of you on the Explorer hurricane cruise, did balcony cabins on the hump on 7th floor get flooded? Any specific cabin numbers? For those sailing on subsequent cruises, please indicate if the carpet was replaced and the condition of those rooms now. I really do not want a moldy room on our cruise. Thanks.

I don't know which cabins rugs got wet, but I am pretty sure that it has all been replaced. Both in Bermuda and when we got off the ship back in NY, there was a huge amount of cut up rug and pads either placed in dumpsters or tied up in big bales. The ship also waited an additional half hour for a shipment of 'equipment'. We left port after a truck delivered a full load of boxes. Later we found out that the equipment was a bunch of heavy duty heater/blowers to dry things out. I am assuming that they were drying the floors when the wet rug was removed before putting down new pads/rugs.

We just came for the Explorer. I believe the floods were in the aft facing cabins. We were in 8390. It is the starboard end aft cabin. Captain said it was rain water due to the wind and not seawater. My carpet was very wet for several days but not replaced. No odors.

Others were not so lucky. Some had to be changed to a different cabin. We heard some beds were soaked.

We just came for the Explorer. I believe the floods were in the aft facing cabins. We were in 8390. It is the starboard end aft cabin. Captain said it was rain water due to the wind and not seawater. My carpet was very wet for several days but not replaced. No odors.

Others were not so lucky. Some had to be changed to a different cabin. We heard some beds were soaked.

Sounds like some folks finally had something to write home about. Seriously, I am glad that the ship sailed half-full so those folks AFT Side had other cabins they could relocate too.

Archived