sheraton harbor hotel in san pedro

sailing sue

I am planning to spend one night - Dec 22 - pre cruise in San Pedro. The Sheraton has been reccommended to me. Does anyone have any information on nice rooms ie nice views from the window that I should ask for when reserving? Any comments on the hotel in general would also be appreciated

Hi Sailing, We just returned from Monarch of the Seas. After reading the boards we decided to stay in Long Beach instead of San Pedro. We stayed at the Coast Long Beach Hotel. It was clean and had a nice bay view. It was only about 15 min ride to San Pedro cruise terminal. The hotel also has a shuttle bus that is free to take you to the touristy(if that is a word) area of Long Beach. From what I say of San Pedro I am glad we did not stay there overnight. JMHO. Hope this helps.

We stayed at the Sheraton twice in 2002 and it was a lovely hotel with free shuttle to and from the port. $5.00 a day in covered parking. The first time we had a room that faced the harbor and we were able to "see our ship come in". Actually, by the time we woke up, it was already there! It was the Star Princess. At that time of the morning it was shrouded in fog...but it soon burned off and we walked on to her about 4 hours later! :cool:

In 2003 I booked the Hilton Marina in San Pedro (now the Marina Hotel) twice through Priceline for $45. Free parking for 10 days. Free shuttle to and from the port and within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. And, later when I booked it for my daughter and son and law's honeymoon cruise originally their ship was to embark out of San Pedro. But, it was moved to Long Beach. No problem. The hotel shuttled them there for free. VERY worth the rock-bottom rate.

When we were at the Sheraton we could walk to nearby restaurants and to Ports O' Call, a little shopping area not too far away. I felt perfectly safe walking around. For the most part, though, all we wanted was a decent place to sleep the night before our cruise. We got it with both these hotels! :)

I am planning to spend one night - Dec 22 - pre cruise in San Pedro. The Sheraton has been reccommended to me. Does anyone have any information on nice rooms ie nice views from the window that I should ask for when reserving? Any comments on the hotel in general would also be appreciated

Archived