New Drink Package

SuiteCruisin14

I copied this from another post:

on the most recent GEM cruise they were offering a drink package

all you can drink soda, wine, spirits, and beer

for $50 a day

Does anyone know if this is offered onboard all sailings?

Lynda

I just called and asked if it would be available on our Dec2nd Pearl cruise and they said they are offering it on some ships,not all.:(

:) HI-W'RE ON THE JEWEL-REGARDOING THE DRINK PKG @$50 A DAY-

CAN I BUY 1 PKG AND SHARE WITH MY WIFE? CAN SHE USE THIS ON HER OWN? Can i get 2 drinks at 1 order. 1 for me and 1 for her-

or does she have to purchase her own? Bringing booze aboard sound risky-

thanks

CAN I BUY 1 PKG AND SHARE WITH MY WIFE? CAN SHE USE THIS ON HER OWN? Can i get 2 drinks at 1 order. 1 for me and 1 for her-

thanks

Please read !

this was on new's for Norwegian.

3:11PM EST November 15. 2012 - Add Norwegian Cruise Line to the list of major cruise operators testing "all-you-can-drink" alcohol packages.

The Miami-based company has begun offering what it is calling an all-inclusive drinks package on three of its 11 ships — the Norwegian Sun, Norwegian Gem and Norwegian Jade — at $49 per person per day plus gratuity.

Norwegian is following in the footsteps of industry giant Carnival, which has been testing an unlimited drinks package on a handful of ships since August.

Only on three ship's, Sun, Gem, Jade. $ 49 per person + gratuity :cool:

thanks

It's not available on the Jewel now, and every adult in the cabin must purchase the package.

We just ended our 9 day Gem cruise yesterday. They were offering the drink package on the first day in the Atrium. The price is $49 per day (not including the tip). They will add 12% gratuity up front. What do you get with that drink package:

- Most alcoholic drinks up to $10

- Most drinks were under the $10 price so we were pleased

- Beer and wine

- Cocktails and martinis

- Not all top shelf alcohol is included

- All soda products

- DOES NOT include any bottled water, or other bottled drinks (except beer)

- DOES NOT include coffee specialty drinks from the Java Cafe, i.e. cappuccino or espresso drinks.

Keep in mind that NCL does a nice job offering daily drink specials. Each night on the cruise they had 2 for 1 martini's and other drink specials. We chose to purchase the package as we like to have before dinner cocktails then a glass or two of wine with dinner. It was basically a wash with us. Others may want to consider not purchasing the package and just work the daily specials.

Celebrity's drink package includes EVERYTHING and it much better. I enjoyed ordering mineral water and having cappuccinos, and cocktails/wine too. I hope that NCL could retool their package to make it more like Celebrity's.

Just off the Sky. Drink pkg available, $49.00 per day plus 15%. Everyone in cabin has to purchase. Total $450.80 for 4 days. Added up the tickets and would have $909.83. So a very good deal. Should have said everyone over 21 in the cabin has to purchase.

I think the pub crawls are no more. Heard a while back that NCL stopped them because of problems.

I just read a review recently and the OP attended the pub crawl on I think the Star.

I would doubt the pub crawls and tastings would be included as these are activities.

Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately :D, we do not drink enough to make $50 a day practical for us.

I think the pub crawls are no more. Heard a while back that NCL stopped them because of problems.

I am friends with one of the guys that used to run the Pub Crawls and he said that (on the Jewel) they were no more. Too many complaints about the noise.:mad:

Just off the Sky. Drink pkg available, $49.00 per day plus 15%. Everyone in cabin has to purchase. Total $450.80 for 4 days. Added up the tickets and would have $909.83. So a very good deal. Should have said everyone over 21 in the cabin has to purchase.

Guess you got a good deal -- but if I did the math right -- that is about 10 drinks per person for 4 days straight! Yikes! I'd be falling asleep (or worse) the entire cruise!

The ultimate beverage package is alive and well this week on the Epic.

By Ultimate Beverage Package, do you mean the $49 alcohol package? THe Epic isn't one of the ships that has been mentioned so far, and I am really excited at the idea that it could be available. I will cancel my Bon Voyage order if that is true!

By Ultimate Beverage Package, do you mean the $49 alcohol package? THe Epic isn't one of the ships that has been mentioned so far, and I am really excited at the idea that it could be available. I will cancel my Bon Voyage order if that is true!

Yes the $49/day alcohol package

I copied this from another post:

on the most recent GEM cruise they were offering a drink package

all you can drink soda, wine, spirits, and beer

for $50 a day

Does anyone know if this is offered onboard all sailings?

Lynda

Must be trying to keep up with carnival.

Those under 21 must purchase the soda package instead if I'm not mistaken.

Archived