Bus Info to either Royal Palms or Cemetery Beach

BeadedGoblets

Haven't been to GC for a few years. Seem to recall picking up the bus near the library. We haven't decided between Royal Palms and Cemetery Beach and may leave that decision until the last minute.

Can anyone tell me which bus to take and how much it will cost to both Royal Palms and Cemetery Beach and if they take U.S. money?

Thanks.

i'll be eager to hear more about your cruise and your experience in Grand Cayman. are you going on the freedom?

Nope, the Navigator out of NOLA! Looking forward to it since it's our first RCI cruise. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Nope, the Navigator out of NOLA! Looking forward to it since it's our first RCI cruise. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I'll be on the Navigator the following week! I'm planning on going to Cemetery Beach for half the day. Hope it's nice!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we are back and LOVED Grand Cayman. It is such a contrast to Jamaica it was startling.... Porsche's, BMW's, Audi's, Cartier, banks on every corner....Enough of that, you want the lowdown on Cemetery Beach:D

We walked to the center of town to catch the taxi/bus. We must've looked like lost tourists b/c the guy honked at us to come to him. He was driving a mini-bus with a gold WB1 on the front. We told him where we wanted to go and he said he was going that way. It is indeed $2.50/pp.

The beach is wonderful! Plenty of fish to see, but you need to swim out a ways to see the good ones. We enjoyed the beach and very low crowds. When we were ready to leave, we crossed the street to the bus stop and within 5 minutes there was a mini-bus honking at us to see if we wanted a ride. It is so easy to do that I can't imagine not venturing out and doing it yourself no matter where you were going. Another couple in the bus was going to Hell and planned on stopping at the beach on the way back.

I haven't downloaded my pictures yet, but will post one I took on my phone in my next post. It's a beautiful, peaceful place that I will return to!

• 4 months later...
Thanks for posting this VERY helpful info on getting to cemetery beach. We are going there on Carnival next week.

Can you tell me about how long the bus ride is too and from?

THANKS!

It really depends on the traffic and how many stops he makes to pick-up/drop-off people, but I'd average it to be about 20 minutes with stops and all. Some will wait til there's more people in the van before leaving. We'll be going again in June!

On the two routes #1 and #2 that travel along West Bay Road the bus fare is US$2.50 or CI$2.00. It is best to have the exact amount, otherwise you will get change in CI$ (and/or delay the bus driver while they make change!).

Archived