Vos July 10,2005 To Bermuda

I don't know about specific ships, but I do know ships out of Miami having the norwalk virus are frequently reported on the news. I don't think they can "clean" thoroughly and board the same day. No wonder new incoming passengers are getting sick. They should just shut the ship down for a week and really clean it right, also give the crew a chance to recover. These people go right back to working in a food prep area when even the CDC says they should stay away from food for a while. To sail or not the sail, that is the question!:confused: If this virus is anything like rotavirus, you will wish you were dead if you get it.

So as i understand the situation. The voyager has had outbreaks on 2 consecutive cruises. (correct me if i'm wrong.)If they have another incident on the next cruise, or the one after, then they are in big trouble. What happens then? do they just go on with business as usual? Can theCDC make them cancel a cruise to really sanitize the whole ship?

Are these outbreaks getting smaller as we head into the summer season?

Anothr question. I wonder if any ,or some, or many people are cancelling their reservations.

Yes, two consecutive cruises have had the norovirus. The virus was confirmed as norovirus by the CDC. The CDC hasn't inspected the ship as of yesterday. I think it is just business as usual, get em on, get em off, and clean for a few hours in between cruises. And according to the CDC, they SHOULD be already cleaning with the proper disinfectants to protect the incoming passengers. Apparently it isn't working too well.

I am debating cancelling, I leave next month. Of course, RCL will get a good chunk of your total cruise fee if you cancel, but... it would be a horrible vacation to be that ill, or having to care for someone that ill.

We are on the July 10 cruise, 11 of us, our first cruise. Now I am really nervous about the virus. My husband and I, daughter and her family, sister and her family. We are so looking forward to it, but now I don't know what to think. We live in north west NJ so we are driving to Bayonne.

It's actually going around (and you don't have to be on a cruise to get it). My mom was really ill last week - it lasted for about four days (and she wasn't even on a cruise...).

ARE YOU LISTENING, RCI? THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT HERE THAT HAVE BOOKED FUTURE CRUISES WITH YOU. THEY HAVE INVESTED THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY FOR A HEAVENLY VACATION. WE NEED SOME ASSURANCE FROM YOU THAT IT WONT TURN INTO A VACATION FROM HELL.I HAVE HEARD PEOPLE MENTION THAT THEY ARE WORRIED AND ARE DEBATING WHETHER OR NOT TO CANCEL THEIR RESERVATIONS. ARE YOU LISTENING , RCI? NOW WOULD BE A SPLENDID TIME TO GET CLOSER TO YOUR CUSTOMERS ,BY OFFERING SOME HONEST ANSWERS ABOUT NOROVIRUS OUTBREAKS ON VOYAGER OF THE SEAS.THANK YOU VERY MUCH

We were on the Star Princess in 8/03 when they had a documented case of Noro virus. Our Travel Agent got a fax prior to us leaving. We flew to Washington, and it was on the news. The boat didn't departed until after 10pm. All our ports where adjusted and we had to rebook all our tours. We got multiple hand outs on how to wash our hands and not to use public toliets. Some shows where cancelled due to the performers being ill. I am a RN and all the talk about washing hands, diarrhea, and vomiting reminded me of work which you are trying to forget on vacation.

RCCL has not informed of us of anything. We do have trip insurance and are driving down to NYC so we have the option of changing our plans. Can someone post phone numbers or websites to get information. Our trip is this Friday!

Archived