Port Everglades Questions

christalannbutler

It has been awhile since I have sailed out of Port Everglades. I have a few questions if someone can help me out.

1) Anyone have an idea what the taxi cost is from the airport to the port?

2) Does any of the hotels still do shuttles to the port?

3) Any recommendations of hotels to stay at if we do come in the night before?

4) What time does the ships start registration/boarding (we are traveling Liberty of the seas)?

Thanks in advance for any help!

It has been awhile since I have sailed out of Port Everglades. I have a few questions if someone can help me out.

1) Anyone have an idea what the taxi cost is from the airport to the port? About $15.

2) Does any of the hotels still do shuttles to the port? Yes, see below.

3) Any recommendations of hotels to stay at if we do come in the night before? See below.

4) What time does the ships start registration/boarding (we are traveling Liberty of the seas)? 11:00 - 11:30am.

Thanks in advance for any help!

See some answers in RED above. Check out the Florida Departures board for many suggestions on hotels. We've used the Marriott Fairfield and SpringHill suites before and both of these have free airport shuttles. The also have shuttles to the port for a nominal charge.

We paid 15+5 tip for a taxi from airport to port Everglades that was for 4 people. We stayed at the crowne plaza by the airport they have a free taxi to and from the airport,they charge 15 dollars per person each way to port Everglades.

Every month it seems that I hear of another hotel that has started charging for transportation to the port so do your research carefully and know that things can change. If you stay at a hotel in the port area it will only cost about $10 per taxi so don't bother with the shuttles that charge per person. If you stay by the airport or nearby Fort Lauderdale beach it will usually cost $15-20 per taxi.

Archived