Ruby Princess Scuba Excur. Turks

4cococat

Hi,

We will be on the Ruby for East. Carib. We arrive in Grand Turk on Jan. 11th. We are there from 1-7p.m.

The ship excurs. has a 2 site dive available. When I talked to Blue Water they said because it gets dark early they could only do 1 dive.

Has anyone been on the ship scuba excurs.? Who is the dive shop they use and would you recommend it because of the short day?

Also, should we dive in St. Thomas or take ferry and dive St. John?

We are also visiting St. Maarten. Is there diving in Princess Cay.

Thank you for your help.

In Grand Turk they use Oasis Divers. You meet at the end of the pier and walk 50 yards to left and your on the boat the boat. Both dive are within swimming distance from the ship. Very nice wall dive don`t let the close distance to the ship fool you. We have dove with them 4/5 times near any problems.

• 2 weeks later...

We did that same cruise last year and the ship overbooked the Grand Turk dive so HALF the people who had booked ended up getting bumped. They were sooooo mad! We dove independent with Grand Turk divers (I think-it's been a year!) and it was a mixed experience. They did a two tank (Blue Water would only do a one tank as you said and Oasis will only book through the ship) but they were so slow to get going (seriously took over an hour and a half once we got to the dive shop before we got on the boat) that our second dive finished in the dark! We weren't equipped for a night dive and the boat didn't have lights so getting our gear packed up was a challenge not to mention the boat ride back to the cruise terminal! The diving was incredible though!

Oh, my son would be so mad if they bumped him. Do they let you know a day before?

Thanks for the infor. though, I will try to follow up.

The woman we spoke with found out the day before but it was too late to try and schedule something independently. She got in a cab as soon as the ship docked and went to the different dive shops hoping to get on a dive boat-no luck though.

Archived