Thrifty rental car - MCO

hlb76

Hey all.

I have been trying to decide what to do to get us from MCO to PC. We are flying in Friday and sailing Sat. From what I am reading I think renting a car might be the best bet for us. Then we have some freedom to move around a bit.

I am reading that about any car rental company is as good as the next and almost all allow PU @ the airport and have a drop off near the Cruise Port. So I started looking at websites looking for deals. I came along Thrifty and looks like they have "Hot Deals" Looks like I can rent a car for as little as $22 a day. :eek: I am trying to see where the catch is. So far I can't find one. For $22 a day it's a no brainer for our family of 4 to rent a car. That is a great price and we will have freedom to stay where we want, see what we want, and pick up any last minute items.

Anyone have any feedback or experience with Thrifty or using there Hot Deals? Or any other advice sailing from PC? This is my first and I am quite nervous.

Thanks in advance!

I have not used Thrifty specifically at MCO, but have used them elsewhere in Florida and Hawaii, and have always had very good service. I would not hesitate to book that rate with them.

I also recommend becoming a Blue Chip member - that way you can bypass the counter and go direct to the lot, where your car and contract will be waiting for you. Great service.

Anyone have any feedback or experience with Thrifty or using there Hot Deals? Or any other advice sailing from PC? This is my first and I am quite nervous.

First let me say that I use corporate # 004M001010 with Thrifty for best rates. This is the Orlando Magicard rate and available to all. See it it makes a difference in your rate.

I have used this discount (in another state, yet) for a Hot Deal and found it to be a good deal indeed. The only possibly negative is that you don't know exactly what you will be getting.

I think Thrifty has a drop off fee for one-way rentals to PC, Check it out.

As Twickenham recommends, if you intend to rent from Thrifty, join their free loyalty program (Blue Chip) because it will allow you to save time bypassing the rental car desks on airport level 1 and instead go directly to the parking garage to claim your car. This will also allow you to avoid any aggressive rental agents who may try to upsell you some additional options you may not need or want.

Hey all.

I came along Thrifty and looks like they have "Hot Deals" Looks like I can rent a car for as little as $22 a day. :eek: I am trying to see where the catch is. So far I can't find one. For $22 a day it's a no brainer for our family of 4 to rent a car. That is a great price and we will have freedom to stay where we want, see what we want, and pick up any last minute items.

Thanks in advance!

we are flying in next weekend also and looking for a car. I tried looking up Thrify and come up with the cheap rate, but then to drive the car only 1 way they charge you a $50 fee. did you ever book with anyone?

Archived