From the FLL Airport to Lago Mar...

Olwyn

Hi All!

After much painful research, :rolleyes: I have tentatively booked our family of 7 adults and one toddler into a 2 bedroom suite at Lago Mar Beach Resort, for one night pre-cruise and 2 nights post.:)

We wanted something very nice, and reasonable, on the beach. This seemed to be our best option.

Does anyone know the cost to take a taxi, (with that number of people) to the hotel from the airport, and then from the hotel to the cruise port, the next day?

:confused:

A rental car (van) might be in order...any suggestions??

Thanks so much!

Olwyn

The cab ride for up to 5 people from the airport to the hotel should cost around $11.

The cab ride for up to 5 people from the hotel to the port should cost around $8

It would probably be easiest and cost effective to split your group and use two cabs.

I always find it hard to get a cab for 2 people and baggage for the cruise. When you arrive in Ft. Lauderdale go to the transportation desk and ask for a couple of van taxi's to take you to the hotel. You could call that same company the next day to take you to the pier. The Lago Mar is beautiful.

Thank you all for your input! It is great to know that I have made the right choice of hotel for this special family vacation.

The mini van idea sounds right...there will be 7 adults and my 20 month old niece in her car seat.

I will try to find out more about which cab companys to use, before we go.

Cheers and thanks again!:)

Olwyn

Hi Again...

I understand we may need to take a taxi...but is there anywhere near the Lago Mar to pick up cruise supplies?

You know...the essentials...wine, beer:D, pop...snacks....??;)

Should we stock up before we board?

Any suggestions would be great!

How do you take the stuff onboard...any problems??

Olwyn:)

Yes, you would need to take a taxi from Lago Mar - Across the SE17th Street bridge, behind the Embassy Suites hotel, there is a brand new Publix grocery store, and just across the street from Embassy Suites on Cordova Road, a half block north of SE17th Street, there's a Crown Liquor store. Those are both about a 5-7 minute drive from Lago Mar and are both the nicest stores in the area with the widest selection.

You'll LOVE Lago Mar by the way, wonderful place on the nicest part of Fort Lauderdale Beach!

Eh, I love ALL cruises, I'm addicted!!! ;)

Thanks again Trent, you are a wealth of knowledge!:)

One additional question...while I have your attention...how close are we at the Lago Mar, to a nice Marina?

My sister and her husband are yacht lovers and will be wanting to check out the nice boats...:rolleyes:

They will probably toodle off right after we check in, so just wondering about distance, and whether Bahia Mar is the closest best choice.

...and hey, Trent, come on, give it up...what was your favorite cruise?...I am also an addict.

Olwyn :D

Yeah, Bahia Mar is the closest big marina, there are some very nice ones there! You might also check out the Hyatt Pier 66 Marina. If you don't have a rental car the easiest way to get to Bahia Mar is along the beach, if you take the streets it's a much longer walk because of the way the canals are in that area.

If they love yachts they should come to Fort Lauderdale the last weekend of October for the world's largest boat & yacht show, it's spectacular!... http://www.showmanagement.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=flibs.home

If they're in the market for one show them this... http://www.utopia-feadship.nl/

It's a mere €75 million, I'd buy it but I'm a few Euros short. ;)

I love Silversea & Crystal for upscale cruises, Celebrity's Millennium class, and Royal Caribbean's Voyager class & Radiance class ships are my favorite mainstream ships. As for areas to cruise I've done it all over the world. I love the Eastern & Southern Caribbean, Mediterranean, Scandinavia, Canaries & Africa, Asia, Australia & New Zealand. It's all good! I don't really even care anymore, as long as I'm on a ship I'm happy.

Archived