Horseback riding in Rotan?

Lmb2548

I have been digging around the Internet and only was able to find a few tour operators that offer riding. I am looking for someone that has gone on one of the trips with either Christopher Tours or El Rancho Barrio Dorcas to share their experience.

I have always wanted to go riding somewhere exotic, but am afraid the condition of the horses would upset me (I have a horse of my own and let's just say she looks like she has been on a few cruises herself). My husband has never really ridden and I think this could be a nice little introduction for him.

Any advice is greatly appreciated! We leave in six days on the dream and can't wait!

Being a horse lover, i noticed your post. On the search site at the top right hand side i typed in Horseback riding roatan, found a lot of responces. just one below. hope this help's. enjoy your cruise

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=174186

Note the date on that post in the link above. 2005

I did it last year, posted a review on another board. I enjoyed it so much, that I am booked again to back in 2013. But, think carefully, since others seemed to have had different experiences. Here's the link to some reviews. I was alone, had a young guide. Roosmarie handles all the emails, so if you have a concern about a specific guide, I'd speak up. They seemed so willing to accommodate. My husband, who is disabled, will be with me this trip so I am skipping the riding, but has nothing to do with the ride. Also, it is almost all on streets, so if you are expecting a beach ride, unless they've significantly changed the route, which would be impossible is my guess, you won't be on the beach that long. I saw a lot of beautiful houses, flowers, quiet streets and got a sense of the town. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g292019-d1226874-Reviews-El_Rancho_Barrio_Dorcas-Roatan_Bay_Islands.html

Archived