Bali Itinerary

Carlile

Our cruise schedule has us arriving in Bali at 1:00 PM and leaving the next day at 5:00. My husband and I have a driver for the one and a half days and also hotel reservations in Ubud for the night. I am overwhelmed by all the possibilites and sites described for Bali. Basically we will drive to Ubud and visit a few villages on the way. The next day we thought we would start at the Monkey Forest and then drive down to the beach at Sanur.

My question is "What are the MUST SEES" in this area of Bali. Also our driver suggested a vocano viewing and coffee plantation. Any reponse to those? Thanks for any comments.

Hi... I'd go to the Monkey Forest, enjoy the short walk to the centre and sit and watch the monkey entertainment. Caution - they can open zipped bags, steal and open and drink water bottles, leap on your back without you seeing them first - it's great! Next - food! Eat 'local' gorgeous food (as long as it looks popular it's probably safe). Enjoy seeing the local people put their offerings in front of their house, business, place of employment, etc. Talk to them, they are really nice, even if they are trying to get you "transport" etc. Get a massage! Then sit and watch them watching everyone else. And ... 'avocado coffee' is a very Yum smoothie.... Enjoy!!

Make sure you go on the various trails in the Monkey Forest there are some beautiful sites. I agree with itsadoozy - those monkeys are bossy! Buy the bananas at the front gate but split them up immediately into individual bananas as the monkeys will try to grab the entire bunch. The volcano (whether kintimani or agung) are lovely for a few reasons, the rice terraces in the crater are vibrant and you can walk among them, lunch in both places overlooking the vistas of the craters is very good and worth the money and the volanos esp kintamani are impressive with a 10 mile wide crater. We also enjoyed two temples in particular, the Bat Cave Temple (Goa Lawah) and also Kehen temple. the other spot that sounds out for us is the Water Palace - truly breathtaking - a small perfect jewel. Enjoy yourselves!

Archived