Just off the Nov 11th chartered Freedom

Karter

Lots of Luggage???....How about just a Fanny Pack next time with Body Paint....Many different colors of Body Paint...:):):)

Glad all had a great time. Most cruiser that sail just experiance the same o same o.....Glad to see people having FUN!!!

OK...and have to ask.....PICTURES!! :eek::eek:

Mike

Part of the contract addendum included a restriction on the photos that could be taken. No wide angle photos and if you wanted to take some ones photo you needed to get their permission. If you took an unauthorized photo your camera could be confiscated by security and the photos deleted. On Coco Cay which was a nude beach it was not that restricted because of the large area to be monitored. The ship photos contained no nudity but some very sexy dresses.

Hi everyone and thank you karter for your excellent insight into the " couples cruise " charter on the freedom . The reviews which have been received from couples who booked this charter have been through the roof . Yes - the charter is a little more expensive , but you just cannot compare to a regular cruise . No kids - adult entertainment - light shows on the pool deck - multiple dance parties till 3 am - nightly theme parties where couples actually dress to the themes in incredible outfits . My favourite is day 2 , which is the dress up / dress down night - formal for dinner followed by the " pyjama dance party " the atmosphere is electric.

This company has 3 full ship charters in 2013 - jewel in january from tampa - brilliance in april from san juan and then back on the freedom in november from pt canaveral.

Couples of all ages love the energy on the ship - while the crew has a blast . On the past 2 charters crew have been known to entend their contract or come back to the ship early to be part of a couples cruise .

Will be happy to answer any questions you might have - wayne

may i have the compasses as well my email is amanda.breau@hotmail.com and it sounded like an awesome time! i would book this cruise just so that we dont have to be around kids! love them but want my adult time :)

You should have them shortly they were just sent.

Edited by Karter

No...I doubt anyone could get on that kind of cruise and not know what they were getting themselves in to.:eek:

I wonder if the crew is given an option of not sailing on those kinds of cruises?

Some may not want to be subjected to those kinds of "activities".:(

Our waiter said he was given the option. We just got off the Thanksgiving cruise and our waiter told us a few stories.

Karter,

If you would be kind enough to send the Cruise Compasses to us as well at countingsheep08@yahoo.com. We're considering this trip for next year and are glad to see a positive review!

Karter,

Hello! Can you resend me the compasses at mike_arruda at hotmail I have not received them yet! Thanks.

take care,

Mike and Lia

The compasses have been sent. Mike not sure why you didn't get your's the first time - I double checked the address. Did you check your spam folder?

If you do not get it please Email me at Karter_ken at Yahoo.com and we'll try a reply email with the compasses.

• 3 months later...

Just a quick update from my original post back in Novemeber.

We had so much fun on the November 2012 cruise that we went on the January 2013 Jewel cruise and are now booked on the Brilliance in April, the Freedom in November and the Brilliance in January of 2014. One word of caution - after we went on the Freedom cruise our next cruise was on the Independence in December and we couldn't help but make comparisons. While we had a good time on the Independence it just wasn't same or as much fun. So be warned it you book one of the couples cruises it may spoil you for other plain cruises in the future. Sort of like you don't miss a suite or balcony until you have had one. On the Jewel cruise there were 0 pinnacles, 6 diamond plus and 20 diamonds. While many people preferred the smaller more intimate setting on the Jewel for us we preferred the Freedom with the grand promenade for people watching and all the Freedom class has to offer.

Like Bob said above the cruise is whatever you want it to be. For us the adult atmosphere and no kids made them very enjoyable cruises as evidenced by our three future bookings.

Thanks for this review. My hubby and I are not in the lifestyle ("in the lifestyle" is correct?) and have no interest in it, but have always wanted to take a no-kids cruise on one of the lines we enjoy. It would never have crossed our minds to look for a charter like this. Truth is that I would have been afraid we'd feel like outcasts or prudes or, well, whatever. But it sure would be nice to have the option of sunbathing topless and having some of the freedoms not available on regular cruises. May I ask how overt the activities were? We're comfortable with nudity, sexy attire, and even somewhat provocative behavior, but would be very uncomfortable with things like sex in public places, etc. It sounds like that was not the case and I know that people in the lifestyle are usually very committed to their partners and have specific "rules" for appropriate behavior both in public and between consenting adults in private. I just don't quite know how that works.

beachchick

We were on the cruise before this charter and yes it was quite the topic of conversation. Crew are allowed off but of course they make no money that week. Several crew were choosing to be off that week - they had been onboard before and didn't want a repeat. Crew that had never experienced ranged from curious to apprehensive.

One question - we heard Pharaohs Palace was transformed into one giant "play area" where the furniture was being removed and 200 mattresses were put in. Fact or fiction?

To each his own, but I do feel bad for the very conservative members of the crew that can't afford to miss a week's work. I feel they should be compensated but allowed to miss that week if they choose.

Thank you for your very tasteful review - glad you had fun.

One question - we heard Pharaohs Palace was transformed into one giant "play area" where the furniture was being removed and 200 mattresses were put in. Fact or fiction?

Yes and no. Most of the furniture was removed and replaced with mattresses, curtains, battery lanterns, and other decorations but I would estimate only maybe 50 mattresses total. There were curtains across the entrance so you would not see inside unless you entered.

Interesting thread. Very interesting actually. My wife and I have been happily (and faithfully) married for 14 years. Neither of us would have any interest in a swinger lifestyle. However, a week on a cruise ship with no kids sounds awesome. We both love to party and that cruise sounds like it would a total blast with all of the theme nights and late night parties. Questions: What percent of the ship passengers would you say are not swingers and just wanting to have a party week without kids? Would my wife (or myself) be constantly getting hit on or propositioned during the week? In other words, do the swingers on board basically assume that everybody is a swinger on the ship that week? I would certainly not want an uncomfortable week for my wife or I in that regard. If a normal balcony room is lets say $1300 per person on a normal cruise week, what would the estimated price be per person that week? Thanks

What I'm hearing here, is that there is a market for adult only (non swinger) charter on a fun Royal ship. Take note of that you charter planner posters;)

Our recent PG cruise, while not technically a couples only, had exactly 2 families with one child each (one was a 3 yo and the other a 12 yo) we met maybe 3-5 parties traveling as sisters/girlfriends or mother/daughter, and literally everyone else was a couple (though not all were hetero, there were a few lesbian and gay men couples too)

I will say I loved the atmosphere; it was very grown up and romantic. On PG there is certainly no overt sexuality anywhere, or skimpy dress or wild parties, but the nature of the cruise being more than 90% on a honeymoon, anniversary or romantic vacation was really nice! It was nice not having to deal with other people's kids when doing a cruise as a couple!

What I'm hearing here, is that there is a market for adult only (non swinger) charter on a fun Royal ship. Take note of that you charter planner posters;)

Our recent PG cruise, while not technically a couples only, had exactly 2 families with one child each (one was a 3 yo and the other a 12 yo) we met maybe 3-5 parties traveling as sisters/girlfriends or mother/daughter, and literally everyone else was a couple (though not all were hetero, there were a few lesbian and gay men couples too)

I will say I loved the atmosphere; it was very grown up and romantic. On PG there is certainly no overt sexuality anywhere, or skimpy dress or wild parties, but the nature of the cruise being more than 90% on a honeymoon, anniversary or romantic vacation was really nice! It was nice not having to deal with other people's kids when doing a cruise as a couple!

:) That sounds great!

Interesting thread. Very interesting actually. My wife and I have been happily (and faithfully) married for 14 years. Neither of us would have any interest in a swinger lifestyle. However, a week on a cruise ship with no kids sounds awesome. We both love to party and that cruise sounds like it would a total blast with all of the theme nights and late night parties. Questions: What percent of the ship passengers would you say are not swingers and just wanting to have a party week without kids? Would my wife (or myself) be constantly getting hit on or propositioned during the week? In other words, do the swingers on board basically assume that everybody is a swinger on the ship that week? I would certainly not want an uncomfortable week for my wife or I in that regard. If a normal balcony room is lets say $1300 per person on a normal cruise week, what would the estimated price be per person that week? Thanks

I have no idea what percentage of the passengers were there just for the adult atmosphere and no kids. If I had to guess based on conversations we had with other guests more than half had no intention of swinging.

On the two cruises we took we very rarely got hit on – maybe two or three times - mostly comments like great outfit or you're looking good. If you do not show interest they move on without further conversation. I think most people can sense if there is interest or not and do not push the issue. I can't say what others are thinking but in our case we assumed most people had respect for our desires and let us do our own thing and that seemed to be the case. We were never asked or pressured to do anything we didn't feel comfortable with. But like everything else there are probably exceptions.

The only way I think you may feel uncomfortable is late at night you may see people in bathrobes or in strange outfits but they are rare. If you are OK with Fantasy fest you will probably be OK with this type of cruise.

Our Freedom balcony cabin (D1) was $1850 per person which included all taxes, port charges and gratuities. I think insides were $1150 per person including all taxes, port charges and gratuities.

Keep in mind I am not trying to convince anyone to take one of these cruises just trying to give my impressions of how the cruise was from my perspective. If you have any reservations please don't go but if you’re OK with some nudity, very skimpy attire on ~20% of the women, and occasional dirty dancing in the disco then maybe give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...
How busy was the flow rider? This might be the perfect cruise with no kids to share the flow rider.

When my wife was using it there was a line of 5 - 10 people so she rode it 4 times in about 30 minutes when they were doing the boogie board.

• 1 month later...

I thought I would update this thread since I just came off the latest charter - Brilliance of the Seas from San Juan. The ports were fantastic (Curacao, Aruba, St, Marteen and St. Kitts) - probably the best four ports of my US cruising days (30 cruises). Weather was perfect too.

The only thing that qualified me to be on this cruise is that I am an adult, but we had a great time. The hallmark of the entire experience for us was how friendly the other cruisers were. We met more people on this cruise than all of my previous cruises combined. The people watching was great fun, and we even brought a few modest costumes to feel like a part of it all. Nobody approached us in the slightest way that made me uncomfortable. We are already signed up for two more, and like some posters above, can't imagine being on a cruise with kids at this point.

The only negatives were with respect to the ship itself. I am not a Royal Caribbean cruiser, and didn't care much for the food or the decor of the cabin (a suite that hopefully will be refurbished), although did like the ship in general. I was concerned about toilet malfunctions before the cruise, having read about them here, and sure enough, it happened. The lack of information from the cruiseline about when someone would attempt to repair added to the distress. But these were small inconveniences compared to the wonderful time that we had.

I would urge anyone considering this type of cruise to look into it. I was nervous going in, and got some wrong information about dress codes and such. I was talking to one of the owners on board and she said that she aimed for a classy experience. I think she delivered.