Unlimited Internet Coming to Carnival!

ok i like it! :D

Dang! You did 10 cruises in 2007? I hope you got a great deal. I also see you obviously like the Inspiration and Imagination. You are my idol!

I will look just like that next year when I take my early retirement. Last minute cruises galore!

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping for an unlimited on the Glory on her Canada sailings out of Boston this June/July. Anyone who was recently on the Glory and on one of those? I know someone said they were on the Glory in April, but not sure if it was Canada. This would be perfect for me to watch a little Netflix or random FB or upload photos here and there. I won't be tied to the net, but I like the option to stay connected on vacation...

Edited by sperkins921
specifying departure port and months

I have thought of using the unlimited multi-device for an enhanced walkie talkie with text messaging capabilities, my DW and I text all the time, her parents aren't the texting type, so we could have an android device that texts and sends voice messages using the cloud rather than having those annoying walkie talkies that barely work. Also you can use bluetooth on the phone, so you don't have to let the rest of CC be annoyed at hearing your whole conversation...just a geeks thought on another use for internet on a cruise ship.

• 10 months later...

I TEACH online - that is the only thing that has kept me from more cruises - my internet bill is regularly 300-450 on a cruise. When they roll out the unlimited plan on all their ships, I will hit Diamond very quickly lol! I will be on Magic in July - does anyone know if they are still offering the unlimited plan?

I TEACH online - that is the only thing that has kept me from more cruises - my internet bill is regularly 300-450 on a cruise. When they roll out the unlimited plan on all their ships, I will hit Diamond very quickly lol! I will be on Magic in July - does anyone know if they are still offering the unlimited plan?

This thread is over a year old. I don't think the unlimited is offered on any ship now. :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wasn't in November....

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The unlimited internet was HORRIBLE.

They had 2 packages, a "fast internet" for 99 bucks and a "slow" internet for I think $19.99.

The problem is, so many people bought the fast internet, it became WAY slower then the slow version...

Most of the time, you could hardly get a page to load. Till the technology for the ships to have a wider broadband that can handle the load, I glad they stopped the unlimited package.

I never use the internet while cruising but this June I need it for my DD's BF to be able to keep in touch with her Mom. My DD also wants to be able to keep in tough with her BF and pinquest and some other websites she can't live without. We will be on the Sunshine, does anyone have the prices?

I did the transatlantic on the Sunshine last November. It was $159 for 480 minutes, and then smaller packages - I had to buy that three times, so I know that one for sure :-) But for 17 days, and to continue teaching while crossing the Atlantic - I wasn't complaining! I did find that I needed to get up at 4 am, while no one else was up, to do most of the heavy duty stuff like grading, etc. I downloaded my emails (I used Outlook on my laptop, but Google has a good offline email reader too), then I disconnected, answered all of them and did all I could offline, then connected one more time to send everything and recheck emails. I did the email thing about 5 times a day, but only graded once a day. I had already told my students not to expect phone calls (via Skype) and to do everything by email. I did find myself having to record an explanation two or three times (again, offline) and then send in the background while doing something else.

I don't usually use the Internet while on a cruise, but I'm thinking it might be a good way for those taking care on my four legged kids(dogs) and my horses( one is almost blind and gets into trouble sometimes) to contact me with a message through Facebook. Would be nice if they didn't have to make some decisions on there own if needed, even though I trust whatever needed done they will do.

I don't usually use the Internet while on a cruise, but I'm thinking it might be a good way for those taking care on my four legged kids(dogs) and my horses( one is almost blind and gets into trouble sometimes) to contact me with a message through Facebook. Would be nice if they didn't have to make some decisions on there own if needed, even though I trust whatever needed done they will do.

I agree, my mother is elderly and I have to keep in contact with her and it is easier to do that with emails. She and a contact at home always have the emergency contact number for us if necessary. I usually check email once a day and send a quick update on our trip. Sometimes a complete disconnect is not possible.