Time to visit Bathsheba?

AllegraTiger

We had a lot of problems deciding what to do in Barbados (lots of great options) and, ultimately, hubby 'won' and we are doing a 3 hr Shasa catamaran tour (turtles, snorkeling) which runs from 10AM-1 PM approximately.

I would still really like to see the East Coast. Our ship is in port until 5:30 PM. Do we have time to eat a quick lunch and hire a taxi to take us there? (Or if we skip the lunch?) How easy is it to find a taxi? I see from another post we should expect around $25 per hour.

That would be cutting it really close.

Taxis are plentiful, but your time is slim.

It takes ¾ to one (1) hour to go to Bathsheba from B-town. Sometimes longer, so budget 2 hours travel time there and back and plan to be back on the ship by 4:30. Doesn’t leave you much time on the east coast, yes?

The way this could be accomplished would be to cancel the tour......

Take a taxi first thing to the east coast. Return to B-town by 1pm and get dropped off at Holetown or south of there and pick up a local to take you out for perhaps US$20-30/ea. You’ll see the same Hawksbills and the same snorkeling sans the catamaran. Plus you’ll only be 20 minutes from the ship instead of an hour.

The east coast deserves some quality time. It is a beautiful place and I know you’ll love it, but there’s always next time.

Please don’t get rushed for time and be stressed. It’s better to see a little and come back than to see a lot and be worried you’ll miss the ship.

Best wishes for a wonderful holiday! :) :) :)

I've seen turtles while snorkeling and diving and I think seeing the east coast of Barbados is better. For one, you're guaranteed to see it. I don't think you could say the same of sea turtles.

Thank you!

The east coast of Barbados is unbelievable. Can't beat a morning at Crane Beach, folowed by a trip up the coast followed by a quick ride across the island thru the rain foresdt back to port.

Guaranteed to be Priceless.

Archived