Any passengers (pref outside USA) recently made online payment?

Verfai

Hey all,

For some reason the RCI website (no third party, http://www.royalcaribbean.com and they cant explain it themselfes) is not excepting my credit card number when trying to pay the deposit for our upcoming cruise.

Naturally they assume that it’s a problem with my credit card, which it is most defiantly not, as

1, was able to book my flights to Miami

2, was able to book our hotel pre stay

3, enough credit left on the card to book another cruise

4, called the bank and there are no issues what so ever with the card

5, the error is “invalid credit card number” which has all to do with the algorithm in the numbers and nothing with any bank communication or left over credit.

Soooooo I was wondering if there are any people here, that do not live in the USA (or maybe yes if you have the same problem), where the website is not excepting the credit card number for some reason.

Problem started when I booked last Wednesday, luckily the RCI crew is helping by prolonging the hold time…But they will not do this indefinitely.

If anybody has any bright ideas please shoot them at me, but for me it would be already interesting to know if I am the only one having the problem or not.

I am also very curious how much effort they will go trough to get my payment trough…

Maybe they can use one of their sister payment sites (celeb X?) or via a bank to bank transfer…If no solution can be found, then I think its time to call NCL and get us on EPIC in the same week I guess (if they except our credit card LOL :D).

Greets

I got this same message when I was trying to pay a US Company for some spa products. The reason I found was because my credit card was not registered to a US Address.

Bank Deposit, Paypal or some other payment method may have to be the way to go. Good luck!

They had a issue earlier this year with Natwest bank and RBS it was a processing problem between the two company's it's now been sorted, maybe yours is a similar problem have you tried a bank transfer they it offered me I sent a cheque in the end.

Oh my. I saw this problem many times. First, a few questions. Did you book through the US offices or an office outside the US? If you booked outside the US, are you attempting to use the US website or the country of booking website to pay? If you booked outside the US and are using the US site it will reject your card if it is not formatted exactly like US cards are formatted.

If that is not the case it may be the address and not the card. Your best bet may be to call the offices where you booked and make the payment. Unfortunately these are not issues where pushing your way up the customer service ladder will fix the issue. It has been ongoing for years.

Okay I forgot to add this, and since you are all pointing this out :D, thanks for the help anyway :D

I used this credit card on both our previous two cruises, worked without a problem.

Its also not some dodgy (for you Americans ->) foreign credit card, it’s a gold Master Card issued by one of the major banks in Europe and I use it constantly for (us->) foreign transactions all over the planet.

Greets

I booked one last weekend with a Canadian CC and had trouble the first few tries - ended up working in the end (here's hoping that $960 deposit didn't go through the first 3 times! :eek:) I think I put the spaces in between the sets of #'s the 1st time but just put the 16 #'s straight through after that.

IF you were trying yesterday - Saturday is website maintenance day and nothing works the way it should.

Did you try to call and have them apply your payment directly thus avoiding the website?

Didn´t have a Problem with RCI, but recently booked Transfers online in the US with my European Credit Card. Had to make two Transaction, the first one went through just fine, second one with same credit Card and same Company it won´t accept the Card.

I had to use another Card to get it booked.

Did you try to call and have them apply your payment directly thus avoiding the website?

That was the first thing that I did, they cancelled my online reservation and rebooked it…Same result with the credit card…

Luckily at least now they are calling me, so I am not paying for the telephone connection to Miami :D

Okay I forgot to add this, and since you are all pointing this out :D, thanks for the help anyway :D

I used this credit card on both our previous two cruises, worked without a problem.

Its also not some dodgy (for you Americans ->) foreign credit card, it’s a gold Master Card issued by one of the major banks in Europe and I use it constantly for (us->) foreign transactions all over the planet.

Greets

If you booked through the US offices but are attempting to use a European based credit card, you may have found your problem. It is hit or miss. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. It has been an ongoing problem with Royal for ages.

If you booked through the US offices but are attempting to use a European based credit card, you may have found your problem. It is hit or miss. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. It has been an ongoing problem with Royal for ages.

You have any more info on the why and what by chance?

I don’t see how I was able to use this card for two other cruises (booked the same way) and having this problem now…Its still not working and RCI is not calling back anymore…So I guess the department of costumer UN-satisfaction has scored another point...Probably will have to reschedule flights, hotel reservations and get us on Epic :( or blow the whole thing off :(

Yes we seem to have that issue about half the time from Germany (and half the time it works fine). Whenever we have an issue we are able to call and it goes through if they take the number over the phone. Were you not given that option?

First I did was call them, they tried, over and over…And every time they go “you have to call your bank”, and then I have to say “no my card is working fine, its Royal that has a problem”…I even got a personal email from them, I even sent send them a statement from my card where you can clearly read that the card is working....Pfffff

Hi

I made two payments to royal Caribbean yesterday using a credit card registered in the uk without any difficulties.

Thanks (all of you)

It finally worked!!! So Allure of the Seas here we come! Woop woop

No clue what changed, too bad, would be nice for future use when somebody encounters similar problems

You have any more info on the why and what by chance?

I don’t see how I was able to use this card for two other cruises (booked the same way) and having this problem now…Its still not working and RCI is not calling back anymore…So I guess the department of costumer UN-satisfaction has scored another point...Probably will have to reschedule flights, hotel reservations and get us on Epic :( or blow the whole thing off :(

Honestly? No. I wish I had a better answer for you but I spent weeks at one point speaking to everyone from accounting to IT to the website team to our merchant bank trying to figure out why it would work sometimes but not others. We even conferenced everyone in - no one could explain the issue.

Do not blame customer service for this though. They honestly have no other recourse than to tell you they are sorry but it will not process. Know that they are just as frustrated as you are.

Honestly? No. I wish I had a better answer for you but I spent weeks at one point speaking to everyone from accounting to IT to the website team to our merchant bank trying to figure out why it would work sometimes but not others. We even conferenced everyone in - no one could explain the issue.

Do not blame customer service for this though. They honestly have no other recourse than to tell you they are sorry but it will not process. Know that they are just as frustrated as you are.

Hahahahaha...This is what I send via email to the customer service when is was resolved.

"Dear Sergio,

First of all I would like to thank you for all the effort you put into trying to confirm our booking.

Feel free to forward this to your boss, you did a smashing job trying to get things straightened and remain calm.

Too bad, we can’t really explain what went wrong for future use."

:D

Archived