Stingray City "Stand Alone"

newf1982

It seems as if a lot of local tour operators combined a second snorkel stop and/or beach stop as part of Stingray City. If I am interested in going to Stingray City ONLY, and then returning to the 7 mile beach area, does anyone have any suggestions?

Carnival has a Stingray City tour for $49pp but I am wondering what the local options are. I also want to leave as close to our arrival time as possible to allow us to have the rest of the afternoon to do other things.

A second snorkel stop is the norm for all operators.

The second snorkel stop is usually very close to the Stingray Sandbar, usually requiring less than 5 minutes to move the boat. Each tour operator can set their own policy but normally that second stop is only about 15 to 20 minutes long. After that it's all aboard to return to the dock.

My main reason for asking is my wife is not a confident swimmer and isn't interested in the "second stop" to snorkel.

We have used moby Dick both times we have been. They do have a snorkel stop 5 minutes from Sting Ray city. My husband never snorkels here because the water has been a little rough, but only there a short time and then back to the bus and they will drop you off at 7 mile beach or town. Still plenty of time to do what you wish and a great time at Sting Ray City. Can't wait to go back!!

We went and used Stingray Sailings for our tour. They also did the 2 stops. I don't swim, at all, so I stayed on the boat while my DH went snorkeling (he is a certified diver). No problem, I just relaxed and enjoyed the view, the quiet boat and talked with Chip. It was great!

We went with Captain Marvin's last week on their 8:30 2-stop sailing. It was great. We were the first ones out on the sandbar so we had plenty of up close and personal time with the stingrays who knew we had food. The second stop was short. Several from our group stayed on the boat. They did have life jackets, so you don't have to worry about being a great swimmer or not. If you want to just pop in right off the back of the boat and take a peek at the coral and the fishies and then get right back on the boat, it's no big deal. We were back to the dock and dropped off at seven mile beach by 11:00am. We spent an hour and still made it back to Georgetown in time to browse a couple shops and make it back to the ship just before the buffet lunch closed.

Archived