What to do in Ft Lauderdale

NurseSteph

We are cruising out of Fort Lauderdale on May 1, 2013. However the things we are most interested in are in Miami. Does it make any sense (financially and organizationally) to fly in to Miami a couple of days before the cruise, then somehow get to the ship on the first. I guess my question is, how difficult/expensive is it to arrange transportation to the cruise ship terminal in Fort Lauderdale, from Miami? Or should we just bite the bullet and make that another trip?

Not this year, and next. The Gulf water temperature here in SWFL is now 67, and it will probably be around 62-64 in December and January. Ft. Lauderdale may be about 1-2 degrees warmer vis-a-vis water temperatures.

Water temps are always significantly warmer in Southeast Florida during the winter months. The gulfstream passes much closer to the coast here and keeps the water temps much higher. The current water temp in West Palm Beach is 78. In Miami it is 76.

Water temps are always significantly warmer in Southeast Florida during the winter months. The gulfstream passes much closer to the coast here and keeps the water temps much higher. The current water temp in West Palm Beach is 78. In Miami it is 76.

I believe that you are correct; and, the gulfstream is a beautiful patch of water. As a matter of fact, I have fished it many times off the coasts of Fl., S.C., N.C.,, Va., and Md.

Archived