Majesty Deck 3

toothfairy

I'm a first time cruiser, going to Bermuda on the Majesty the third week of August. We'll be on deck 3, in a superior oceanview stateroom. Can anyone tell me if this is a good location? The NCL site says that these cabins are @ 145 sq feet, but I've read elsewhere where some are @ 165. I don't know if any of us will get sea sickness, and I was wondering if this deck generally experiences more or less motion. My husband and I are travelling w/ two sons, 7 and 9 y/o. Any info out there?

Thanks,

Kathy :confused:

Toothfairy, are you forward or aft on Deck 3? If you are midships you will feel almost no motion at all unless seas get extremely rough. If you are far forward or far aft, you might feel a very small amount of motion. Chances are, you'll feel no motion at all.

The very best part of your location is the fact that you are so close to the water, which makes for a really teriffic view from your window. Several years ago we were forward, portside on Deck 3, and got the greatest pleasure watching the waves go by our window! You've chosen a really great deck!

Your cabin is probably 145sq.ft. Hope this helps.

Happy Sailing! You're going to LOVE the Majesty!!!:D

Hi toothfairy! Going on Majesty Aug. 14 th for the 10th time (I think it's the 10th). Taking entire family. We are booked on deck 3, in the same cabin and the three cabins on either side of us, for the 6th or 7th time. We have been in cabins on deck 8 twice and have had a suite two other times and we much prefer deck three. I can guarantee you will not feel any movement of the ship if you are close to center unless it is very stormy. Our cabins are in the twenties so I know how non-moving they can be. The higher you are the more motion you feel and the closer to the front or rear the more you feel.

Have a great trip and enjoy, I know you will as you can't help but have a great time on this ship!

tippingd

Thanks for the reassurance. We're all so excited about taking this cruise. I always shied away from cruises, due to the cost. However, after going to Disney World and dropping a hefty amount in just five days, I figured that a cruise is a MUCH better deal.

How are the upper berth beds? Will my two sons - 7 & 9 - be okay up there? Thanks,

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

OK, just back from deck 3 of the majesty. I do not know the square footage but we had 331 and the guys had 333. 331 had one upper bunk and two lower. The size was fine for the amount of time we were in it. We had a lot of clothing, myself and 2 - 18 year old girls. This was considered forward and was in a great location. Not a lot of motor noise like what I could hear aft. 333 had 2 upper and 2 lower bunks and seemed to have a little more room. My husband thinks it was just the set up. He had 2 dressers each about 2ft. wide. We had on 2footer and one that was 12-14 inches wide. Bathroom is small but manageable. I will post a review soon. Hope this helps. If you have any ?'s just ask.

You have been on the Majesty alot. We take our first cruise in January. Booked an AB suite. What should we expect!

You should expect to have a wonderful cruise aboard a truly special ship! I've never stayed in a suite, so I am unable to give any info with regard to your accomodations. However, I can tell you that we've always found our cabins to be more than adequate, the staff onboard to be friendly, accomodating, and professional!

Your itinerary will be different from ours, as we've always gone Boston to Bermuda, and it appears that you will be departing from Charleston, so I am unable to offer commentary on your itinerary either.

There are many others here who've sailed your itinerary and can offer lots of guidance. There are also others who've stayed in Suites aboard the Majesty who will be able to offer details about that, too!

Sorry I couldn't be of better help!:o

Happy Sailing!

Pepper

We've done five cruises on the Majesty, and never experienced a "sewage" odor - on one cruise, they did shut the water off for an hour or two for maintenance, but that's all I can remember in five cruises!

We have stayed in staterooms on decks 3, 4 and 8. We like 8 the best -- preferably midships -- close to everything, so we rarely use the elevators -- gotta work off all that food!

Enjoy the Majesty -- we just love that ship! :D

Archived