Alaska begin May 1st of August?

MightyB

Hi Noobcruise, thanks for the link to the website.

Too bad the Volendam isn't a Vista class, I think a wrap around balcony sounds great! Do you have pictures of it?

I have 2 reviews in my signature, one of the Westerdam and just the cruise experience with a couple of pics at the bottom of our cabin and verandah. The other is a long trip report of Alaska with a ton of pics from our verandah. The report stalls out in the middle after Juneau as I decided attaching photos wasn't too impressive and decided to upload everything to flicker so I could embed them in the posts. So there are a bunch of chatty posts with other members in the middle. The review pics back up with Glacier Bay on page 3 post # 41. Post 40 has links to all the full size albums I had attached in earlier posts.

We had a fabulous time, but if I was to book it again, we would sail out of Vancouver so we could stay on the inside passage. I tend to get queasy from motion sickness the first day or 2 out, but once we entered the passage, it was smooth as can be. I think we'd also like to do a one way from Vancouver to Whittier. Glacier Bay was fabulous though and I highly recommend it.

I have 2 reviews in my signature, one of the Westerdam and just the cruise experience with a couple of pics at the bottom of our cabin and verandah. The other is a long trip report of Alaska with a ton of pics from our verandah. The report stalls out in the middle after Juneau as I decided attaching photos wasn't too impressive and decided to upload everything to flicker so I could embed them in the posts. So there are a bunch of chatty posts with other members in the middle. The review pics back up with Glacier Bay on page 3 post # 41. Post 40 has links to all the full size albums I had attached in earlier posts.

We had a fabulous time, but if I was to book it again, we would sail out of Vancouver so we could stay on the inside passage. I tend to get queasy from motion sickness the first day or 2 out, but once we entered the passage, it was smooth as can be. I think we'd also like to do a one way from Vancouver to Whittier. Glacier Bay was fabulous though and I highly recommend it.

I better check the signatures in the future ;s

Thanks, gonna check the links!

Vancouver Island is breathtaking and I try to get there every summer, but I would never choose to spend a week there in May ..... too high a risk for cold, wet, windy. We usually have a great week in May but the rest of the month is very iffy. August has the highest success for great weather in the pacific northwest.

Another negative about early May ... as you travel north, everything will still be brown. Too early for the spring greenup.

BTW, there are grizzly viewing trips from the north end of V Island but they may be later in the summer. And all summer there are good orca viewing trips from Telegraph Cove.

Hi Mapleleaves, ok thanx for the info!

We have sailed in Alaska twice in August and had nice weather both times. But it was our preference since we both like warm weather.

Happy Sailing. You will have a wonderful cruise because it's ALASKA :D

The weather is something I considered. I like warm weather, but the 30+ degrees (Celsius) that I like probably won't happen in Alaska :-)

And thx, Alaska will mostdef be great! :-)

• 1 month later...

Archived