Coral Breeze Tours Shark Ray

thescot123

Used Coral Breeze Tours last year and couldn't go to Caye Caulker or Shark Ray due to Hurricane. We did go to Bannister Island and then to a closer reef. The main issue that I had with this operator was forcing you to use a foam life belt that goes around your waist. I am experience snorkeler and found it impossible to dive down to the fish/reef.

Does anyone know if they will let me use my own yellow life vest if I bring it this time? Also are they trying to discourage people from diving down to the coral or doing this for new snorkelers (safety)?

The staff/crew were excellent so I have no fault with them. I have a cruise in 3 weeks and trying to decide whether to use them for my trip this time.

Used Coral Breeze Tours last year and couldn't go to Caye Caulker or Shark Ray due to Hurricane. We did go to Bannister Island and then to a closer reef. The main issue that I had with this operator was forcing you to use a foam life belt that goes around your waist. I am experience snorkeler and found it impossible to dive down to the fish/reef.

Does anyone know if they will let me use my own yellow life vest if I bring it this time? Also are they trying to discourage people from diving down to the coral or doing this for new snorkelers (safety)?

The staff/crew were excellent so I have no fault with them. I have a cruise in 3 weeks and trying to decide whether to use them for my trip this time.

We always take & use our own snorkel vests with Coral Breeze with zero problems. Email Mark at their site to confirm & ask him any of your questions ?

I'd have to think that this is done for the safety of those snorkeling & I think that it is a government requirement in Belize now.

We have been using Coral breeze Tours for about 10 years now & have always had a super time with Heni & her crew.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

We always take & use our own snorkel vests with Coral Breeze with zero problems. Email Mark at their site to confirm & ask him any of your questions ?

I'd have to think that this is done for the safety of those snorkeling & I think that it is a government requirement in Belize now.

We have been using Coral breeze Tours for about 10 years now & have always had a super time with Heni & her crew.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

Will,

I email Mark a few days ago and got a very prompt reply. He said that you could use your own vest. The reason for the type of vest they use is to help inexperienced snorkelers and also to keep them away from destroying/standing on coral.

Yesterday, I made my reservation with them and can't be any happier. Tried to do the same excursion last year but Hurricane Rina changed those plans. Despite the weather, Mark's crew arranged for us to go to a closer reef and then onto Bannister Island.

Sounds like a plan !

Enjoy your snorkel trip & Belize & tell Heni HELLO from Bill & Marilyn.

Bill in FL

Thanks Will. Keeping my fingers crossed that the weather behaves itself this time. Have been to Caye Caulker, just for a bathroom break so look forward to spending the 60 minutes there.

Thanks Will. Keeping my fingers crossed that the weather behaves itself this time. Have been to Caye Caulker, just for a bathroom break so look forward to spending the 60 minutes there.

If this will be your first real visit to Caye Caulker you might want to skip the sit down lunch & use the one hour to walk the main sand road to the split & back on the next block over, to get a feel for the island. You could get a quick lunch from one of the street side food vendors along the way. Caye

Caulker is unlike any place in the US that I have ever seen.

Enjoy your snorkeling & Caye Caulker.

Bill in FL

If this will be your first real visit to Caye Caulker you might want to skip the sit down lunch & use the one hour to walk the main sand road to the split & back on the next block over, to get a feel for the island. You could get a quick lunch from one of the street side food vendors along the way. Caye

Caulker is unlike any place in the US that I have ever seen.

Enjoy your snorkeling & Caye Caulker.

Bill in FL

Bill, That is just the info that I was looking for! Thank you!!! :D

Archived