Stateroom Cat. B4

islandsailing

We will be travelling on the QM2 in August. I just learned that our stateroom balcony is not actually "premium" as initially informed when I made our reservation in September 2004. Stateroom #5135 is a HULL balcony with a totally obstructed view from a sitting position in room or on the balcony. This is disappointing since we were expecting a gorgeous view from our stateroom.

Any comments or opinions on this stateroom category B3 & B4 would be appreciated. Is it as dismal as it sounds? :(

B 3, 4 & 5 cabins are in-hull, decks 6, 5 & 4. A bummer about "premium". Only the B1 & 2 cabins have the glass-wall balconies, "deluxe". I'd have worded it the other way 'round. There is B 6 with obstructed views of lifeboats, the glass walls better to see them by. B 7s also in-hull. I found all the Bs the same size and decor, really rather nice. I like blonde and ebony. But you cannot stay in bed and watch the sea with a clear shot save in B1 or 2. Nor can you sit in-hull and see but sky. I read the company is changing the cabin designations for next year, attempting to make things more clear.........A1 & 2 being the glass walls, etc. Sorry it is so easy to say don't fret, but if you don't mind stretching upward to see the sea, you will find the cabins nice and the ship a lot of fun.

Other posts here do give a feeling of being on; you can see what's good and what's not and then see for yourself. Enjoy your trip!

I am told my cabin is a B4, one of the cabins with the lifeboat obstructed view. At least that is what it says on my invoice. On a crossing, I don't expect to sit outside and watch the waves, but it is nice to have some fresh air to step out into on occasion.

Grace

I am told my cabin is a B4, one of the cabins with the lifeboat obstructed view. At least that is what it says on my invoice.

Grace,

B4 cabins are 'Hull Balcony' under both this and next year's designations. B5/B6 are the Lifeboat obstructed cabins.

Peter

Peter: I stand corrected...just looked at my invoice again and indeed it does say B6. Over the phone with my TA, she told me the catagory was B4, but on actual res it does say B6. We are in room 8089, almost midship. I can live with that!

Thanks for all your help....Grace

We have booked a B4 cabin. Hope we haven't made a mistake with that too!! Oh well as someone earlier in the thread said just have find out for ourselves. Don't think we'll be doing much sunbathing in September!!!!!!

Elaine

Archived