Seabourn Pride

swindy

Has anybody been in Suite 101 on the Seabourn Pride?

How does it differ from standard A suites as the shape of it is very different?

Does it have the same size window as the standard A suites?

Have been in 105 and will be in 108 in August...both very acceptable...on the last Pride sailing (Barcelona to Istanbul in April) people who were in 101 ( the Bridge lecturer) said that on many nights it wasn't pleasant...seems that when it gets rough, something was always banging against the bulkhead...didn't get much sleep...I for one would not like to be that far forward...try to get a suite farther aft.

I've visited passengers in that suite, and it's oddly configured. It's also next to the laundry room. For myself, I wouldn't want to be in that location. Also, as Leonid mentioned, if there's any movement, it's most noticeable there, even though it's on the A deck.

Denyse

Swindy, my memory is that the window is the same. It's the furniture and closet space that is different as you walk in, but I really can't recall very well, as it was a few years back that we visited guests in that suite (101). It's definitely smaller, and narrower as you walk in. I'd be leery of the laundry nearby, which is used alot, and also the swaying motion when there is a bit of rocking is quite noticeable.

We were only in the suite on one brief occasion, though, so it's more of an impression than a stark memory.

Hope this helps!

Denyse

We have stayed in room 101 and we liked it. It is not next to the laundry, it is on the opposite side, obviously you had been drinking again Denyse before you went visiting!! The configuration works quite well as the bed is tucked away giving more room around the dressing table so Martha would not have to move the stool!! There was some noise going in and out of port but we looked on it as our "alarm-call" as we needed to be up and off the ship to do our exploring. I would not pick the brochure up and choose that suite but I would not be too upset if we were assigned it again. There wasn't a walk in closet, just a row of wadrobes as you walk in, which were fine. As for the motion, I am renowned as the world's worst sailor and it was not bad at all. I suppose it just depends on the seas!

Kathryn

Hi Kathryn,

You are right! It was suite 100 that we visited (and I do recall a glass of champagne in my hand at the time!). It was also pretty rocky, but we were on the Northern crossing from London to NY, so the seas are more noticeable. Did you hear the slamming of the door by the crew in Suite 100? I recall others saying it was noisy.

Regards to you and Brian!

Denyse

There is a vertical bar on the window, but it will not obstruct your view.Since you will not be spending too much time in the suite (hopefully), I do not believe the suite nor the bar would be a problem.

The configuration works quite well as the bed is tucked away giving more room around the dressing table so Martha would not have to move the stool!!

And I won't have to climb over the beds!!! :rolleyes: Thanks for the tip on this suite!!

There wasn't a walk in closet, just a row of wadrobes as you walk in, which were fine.

Kathryn

Kathryn, this suite intrigues me. Would you say that the wardrobe and storage space is equivalent to the standard suites? How about the bathroom - same size as the rest? Any additional info would be appreciated. :)

The bathroom is exactly the same as the other suites and we certainly did not run out of space in the wardrobes, even with ALL of Brian's things :D, so I would say you have as much room as in the walk-in closet. Brian actually preferred the wardrobes as he hadn't to fight around me to find his things. It is difficult to describe but as you walk in there are the wardrobes on the left and the bathroom on the right,at the end of the wardrobes the bed is tucked away to the left and you have your seating area and dressing table directly in front of you. Hope this helps, probably confused you even more as I am terrible at describing things.

Denyse

Yes we did hear the crew banging the door, but Brian had a quiet word with the Hotel Manager and we did not hear it again.

Kathryn

• 2 weeks later...

The Pride will drydock in Freeport around Oct. 31st and will there 2 weeks. I believe will resume sailing on Nov. 13th in Ft. Laud.

I don't understand how ships can be "refitted" and "face lifted" in 14 days.....

I know she will look beautiful!

Happy Sailing!

Martita

I know there is a show on a cable channel (TLC maybe) called "A ship reborn" or something like that - which shows how an RCI ship is updated, etc in drydock. I only caught about 10 minutes of it, but wow, talk about pressure!! Then again that's reality TV for you. :rolleyes:

Archived