2013 Identity Captain, Hotel Director, Concierge, etc.

davesgirl51

Sinan has had a family emergency and will be off for a few months. Kyle is a good CD, too. We cruised with him on the Star this past fall.

He will be missed!! Don't like to hear that he had a family emergency those usually do not end well. I will keep him in my prayers. We were so excited to hear he was going to be our CD. Well I guess I will have to book another cruise and hope we get him then. :D

Yannis is the Hotel Director currently on the Star. However, he will be leaving for vacation in the next week or so.

I forgot got an email from him and he is leaving mid August. Still wondering if Omar is the concierge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Officers during July 14-21 Pearl cruise Alaska Seattle-Seattle:

Master (Captain): Carl Gunnar Hammerin – Sweden

Staff Captain: Mattias Andersson - Sweden

Chief Engineer: Oesytein Undrum - Norway

Hotel Director: Mirsad Bucuk - Croatia

Food and Bev Director: Messiah Ritzinger – Germany

Cruise Director: Pedro Serra - Portugal

I forgot got an email from him and he is leaving mid August. Still wondering if Omar is the concierge.

Omar is concierge on Star now. David will be concierge on Star starting 10/13/13 again

We love love love David

Suzanne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Just got our pre-concierge letter for our Gem September 7 cruise. Says the concierge will be Carlos.

Oh no, please tell me it isn't the Carlos that kisses you every time he sees you :cool: he makes me uncomfortable.

We will be on the August 31 sailing

Oh no, please tell me it isn't the Carlos that kisses you every time he sees you :cool: he makes me uncomfortable.

Me thinks that's him. He is a nice guy

Suzanne

Just tell him you don't like to kiss.... that should take care of that problem.....

Thanks, oh boy, I think I will be hiding out from him again. He seems to frequent Cagney's a lot :rolleyes:

If you have a problem with him, take your concerns to the Hotel Director. If you do not get satisfaction, take your concerns to the Staff Captain.

Just got our pre-concierge letter for our Gem September 7 cruise. Says the concierge will be Carlos.

Can I assume Carlos will be onboard in October?...We have never sailed with him...Any ideas on HD..for Gem for October????

He really is a very nice guy. I shouldn't complain due to the fact that we were not staying in a suite, but was afforded the luxury of Cagney's based on Latitudes.

I just didn't like being kissed EVERY time the guy saw me. Funny thing was Terry from Texas (Cruise Critic poster) was on the same cruise and Carlos was not friendly with him at all.

Maybe I reminded Carlos of his mother or something? Or maybe he kisses all of the ladies? My husband thought it was amusing, so I guess he will be very amused on this trip :o

Me thinks that's him. He is a nice guy

Exactly. He's friendly and I believe it's cultural for him. There's nothing meant by it, that's just him.

Just tell him you don't like to kiss.... that should take care of that problem.....

Exactly. He's a pro, he caters to guests whims, he understand that all will not like the same thing. Simply saying "Carlos, you're so lovable but I'm not much of a kisser/hugger." is all that needs to be done.

Can I assume Carlos will be onboard in October?...We have never sailed with him...Any ideas on HD..for Gem for October????

Maybe, since recent reviews have been saying that Kadek is the concierge now. I don't know exactly when they will be switching, I just know that for our cruise on Sept 7 we were told it would be Carlos. I'll update any info I gather when I return :)

Omar is concierge on Star now. David will be concierge on Star starting 10/13/13 again

We love love love David

Suzanne

I got an email from Omar we are both getting off the Star on Oct 13.

Thanks, oh boy, I think I will be hiding out from him again. He seems to frequent Cagney's a lot :rolleyes:

We thought he was great and very! helpful with some emergency needs. Being at Cagney's is PERFECT...at B + L, we could always grab him to make requests like dinner reservations.

Any updates on the Breakaway? I know Sean is the HD, but I am wondering what may have changed since the initial Bermuda sailings, like Asst. HD, CD, and if Jose is still on board as the Bar Manager. I am driving a neighbor to the ship on Sunday. Thanks