best vancuver pre cruise hotel

Family of 4. where is the best place to stay in vancuver before cruise. Have not been there for 20 years. I have no idea where to stay. Do you recommend getting there one or two days early. Is there alot to do. Any suggestions appreciated.:) :)

I live in Vancouver and work as a TA - this is what I send to clients looking for info with regards to our city. Please see below. As for "best hotel" it all depends on how much you are willing to spend. The Fairmont Waterfront IMHO is the best in the city (close to Canada Place at least).

Please refer to the Whistler/Blackcomb website for frequently asked questions or further information: http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/index.htm I am able to help with regards to accommodation in Vancouver and/or Whistler.

With regards to an itinerary here in Vancouver, I would suggest the following attractions:

All of the above attractions can be done on your own free of charge with the exception of Science World and Storyeum (there is also a small charge to go to the top of Harbor Centre as well as entrance into the Aquarium and Planetarium and to cross the Suspension Bridge) and are all in the main downtown core of Vancouver. I can also help with dinner recommendations!

If bed and breakfasts are desired I would recommend an area that I used to live in an area that is on the Canadian/US Border in a city called White Rock, BC. They have many b and b’s that are oceanfront and it is truly one of the most gorgeous parts of our city. I actually used to live right down the street from this home and I do recommend this area in the summer. Please consult with this link:

http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/ppf/PROP/628612/ShowFeaturedProperty.aspx

The Waterfront is just that - a Waterfront view of Canada Place and the cruise terminal. It is a much nicer hotel. The Hyatt is a more business like atmosphere. Although they are located fairly close to one another the Waterfront is superior. The standard rooms are much nicer at the Waterfront, if you simply ask for a "Harbour View" room you usually will get it if there is space. I have stayed at every major Vancouver hotel and the Waterfront never fails me.

Just wanted to make sure we're talking about the same hotel- I'm wondering about the Pan Pacific, which is also right on the water and at Canada Place. (This is not a Hyatt property.) It seems to offer more extensive spa and health club facilities after its recent renovation. Thanks for your help.

Archived