Simpson Bay Beach or Le Galion Beach?

Luv1204

How is the beach at Simpson bay. I was thinking of beaching infront of Mary's Boon. Is the water calm, sand soft, no rocks? How long would it take to get their by taxi from the port? I am up in the air between Simpson Bay Beach and Le Galion beach, which would be a better choice. Thank you in advance for you help.

It really depends on your needs, I prefer the beach by Mary's Boone, it is breathtakingly beautiful! It can have a few waves, but I have never seen it really rough. Le Gallione is also nice, but I would say more for families with very small children, you can go out almost 50 ft and be in water up to your knees! The old owners of Mary's Boone just rebought the place and they have a great beachbar with drinks and snacks!

They are different but both very nice. Le Galion is a very Caribbean beach. It has palms and a mixture of trees that provide natural shade and there is a rocky area where people can also find a little privacy and shade. It has a rugged beauty to it to me. There was a major clean up at this beach summer and it looked really great during my visit this summer. It is the islands best beach for small children and the island residents love this beach and it is very popular in the summer and on weekends.

Simpson Bay a beach is a long, open and under used and under rated beach IMO. The food at the beach bar Karakters is delicious and it is a fun place to spend an afternoon. You will hear the airplanes and see them from certain places on the beach as it is right near the airport fence. There are small condos and small hotels on this beach but it is large and not crowded. Karakters can get busy though. It is good to hear that the beach bar at Mary's Boon is thriving once again. Parking can be an issue at this beach in the afternoon. I have seen it pretty wavy here but mostly I have visited when the waves were more rolling than rough.

Archived