FDR Was There!!

allyg

The first time I sailed on Oceania, I was concerned about that reciprocal "I got this round, you get the next." I shouldn't havbe been. It mostly doesn't happen. Everyone is comfortable with the idea of buying their own and not worrying about it.

Others seem to thing that having to sign a chit is somehow tacky, yet I have no doubt they get checks in restaurants and bars on land, and have no problem paying or signing for the bill.

The first time I sailed on Oceania, I was concerned about that reciprocal "I got this round, you get the next." I shouldn't havbe been. It mostly doesn't happen. Everyone is comfortable with the idea of buying their own and not worrying about it.

Others seem to thing that having to sign a chit is somehow tacky, yet I have no doubt they get checks in restaurants and bars on land, and have no problem paying or signing for the bill.

I am with you Don. I have never minded signing a check for a drink on a ship. I see nothing tacky at all about it. Also, not being a wine drinker, all the endless talk about quality of all inclusive wines holds no interest for me. I can see where some people might feel uncomfortable not offering to share their wine with table mates, etc., but again, that would not bother me, and I did not like paying for the all inclusive when we drink so little.

Archived