Price of liquor in New Orleans vs. Florida

athenasbyshanna

It's been a while since I have been to New Orleans. I am trying to decide whether to buy my wine and liquor for the cruise here at home or wait until we get to NOLA. I know there are some pretty cheap liquor stores in the French Quarter, but I figure it still might be cheaper to buy here in NW Florida first. We are driving, so no worries about flying with liquor. Anyone have any insight?

We spent a couple of months in NW Florida after Katrina, and found the prices to be a good bit higher than at home. You won't get any bargains in the French Quarter, but if you are driving in, there are groceries close to the quarter where you will find good prices.

We spent a couple of months in NW Florida after Katrina, and found the prices to be a good bit higher than at home. You won't get any bargains in the French Quarter, but if you are driving in, there are groceries close to the quarter where you will find good prices.

We are, in fact, driving in. Can you give me some places that would be best to stop at on the way in?

Archived