dawn beach st maarten

scumbers

hi all

i am posting this here as the port of call tend to be very quiet and never answer questions

we are going to st maarten and looking at dawn beach rather then orient bay and wondered if there are facilties such as drinks and food and toilets and sun loungers on the beach.

is this a nice beach

cheers

there is a restaurant/bar onsite called mr. busby's. If you do end up going be sure to try the ribs! restrooms available and beach is in front of the restaurant-- it has chairs/umbrellas for rent. i timeshare in st. maarten regularly and dont quite understand why the masses go to orient (it's just too congested on heavy cruise ship days). dawn beach is our choice for beach when in st. maarten on cruise vacations. it's close enough to phillipsburg (where the ship docks) that you can still squeeze in a few hours of afternoon walking around/shopping. I suggest you take a taxi from pier to dawn beach in the morning and tell the driver you want to get dropped off in town during the afternoon. from town you can walk back (paved pedestrian walkway along the water) to the ship and/or take a short water taxi (from town center) directly to the cruise ship terminal (the ships dock a little ways away from the center of town).

Archived