Debating between Herod's and Spenser's

jawouds

Looking to book a land and sea tour and both of these sound very similar. Reed Princess, do you know which of these may have the "smoother" boat ride? Has anyone been on Herod's recently? My husband has a bad back, so we'd like to avoid a rough ride. Thanks, Lauri

We rode on Spencer's boat in February. He had two boats going. We were in the newer, bigger boat. It was very nice and very new with a lot of high-tech gadgets. The boat that we were on was much nicer than all of the other boats that we saw. Spencer himself drove us. I felt very comfortable and safe. You may want to sit in the back where there is less up and down movement.

• 10 months later...
Does any one have any more input for this thread since 2012. Would love to hear your experiences.

We have toured with Spencer Ambrose Tours on more than one occasion and had a terrific experience each time. Although we have not been on Spencer's Land & Sea Adventure, we have toured on his West Coast Island Delight excursion, we have done the coastal tour by boat and we have climbed the Gros Piton. We found Spencer to be very hospitable and to us he still stands out as one of the best tour guides we had ever had.

If you haven't done so already, check out Trip Advisor. You will find many recent reviews posted in there.

If you require any further information about the excursions we had done with Spencer Ambrose Tours, just let me know.

Thanks, for your positive review, I feel a little better. We will be doing the land and sea tour with Spencer Ambrose, We would like to make a stop to snorkel Anse Chastanet, I'm going to try and talk him into changing up his tour a bit because their are so many complaints about the Piton beach being churned up and crowded. I wont care either way I can go with the flow. I got really concerned when I read some negative reviews .I I don't know what is going on with him but I am very happy to hear you had a positive experience!! I'm done with the planning and ready to pack!!

Thanks, for your positive review, I feel a little better. We will be doing the land and sea tour with Spencer Ambrose, We would like to make a stop to snorkel Anse Chastanet, I'm going to try and talk him into changing up his tour a bit because their are so many complaints about the Piton beach being churned up and crowded. I wont care either way I can go with the flow. I got really concerned when I read some negative reviews .I I don't know what is going on with him but I am very happy to hear you had a positive experience!! I'm done with the planning and ready to pack!!

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time--based on our experiences I wouldn't hesitate to book with him again.

Have a great trip!

We just returned from the Valor yesterday and we did the Land and Sea Tour with Spencer Ambrose. We absolutely loved it and I would not hesitate to recommend this tour to anyone. The beach area where the free chairs are is very small. My husband went snorkeling and he said it was great. He was able to see a lot of different things. I heard several people commenting that it was the best snorkeling they had ever done. My husband didn't go that far in his praise, but he did enjoy it. All of the people involved with Spencer's that we had contact with were GREAT and went out of their way to make sure we were having a good time.