Dolphin Discovery vs Dolphinaris!

mlthomas

Yes I know there are other threads on here about comparing the 2, but wanted to see if there were any recent cruisers who visited to give an more current review.

The cost for Dolphinaris is a bit more but wondered why and if it is worth it. If I understand it correctly, the biggest difference is that Chanakaab has food and other things to do at the park where Dolphinaris does not offer the same. Honestly that doesn't matter to me.

So, other than the pictures being very pricey, is it worth the $50 more at Dolphinaris or not?

Oh, I also read that the particpants can take in a waterproof camera - is that true?

Thanks in advance!

I haven't been to either yet ... But will be visiting one during our March cruise, and I have been doing LOTS of research, so I'll add my two cents.

It looks like the difference is like you said, that Dolphin Discovery has the other amenities of the park at Chankanaab (pool, nature walk, cultural areas, etc). Both have access to a beach area and food services. One main difference is that at Dolphinaris you are in an ocean "pool" as opposed to a compound in the actual sea. Dolphin Discovery has the option of booking a 'foot push' and 'dorsal pull'. Dolphinaris does a 'belly pull'. On TripAdvisor Dolphinaris is rated the #11 attraction and Dolphin Discovery is #30. If you are wanting to book independently of the cruise line Dolphin Discovery is offering a 25% off special for reservations made 25 days prior and before the end of December. We are actually thinking of booking at the Dolphinaris facility. Our cruise lines (RCI) excursion is actually cheaper than booking through the facility directly. Would also be interested in hearing about anyone's recent experiences.

Archived