reservations etc oasis/allure and MDR or MTD and shows times

jpolm

getting ready to book our oasis/allure cruise for June. how soon do the reservations open up for shows and dining? I haven't decided on Main Dining or My Time dining yet. the TA i am using will pay for pre-paid gratuities, but our main concern is the show times and having kids age 5,10, and 12.. I hate to be on a schedule for dining and 6 is early for us. we usually like to relax after being out in the sun, etc for the day, and then shower and eat between 6:30-7:30.. but this might be a conflict w/ show times, kids activities.

does anyone have a schedule? captains dinners? formal nights?

thanks!

getting ready to book our oasis/allure cruise for June. how soon do the reservations open up for shows and dining? I haven't decided on Main Dining or My Time dining yet. the TA i am using will pay for pre-paid gratuities, but our main concern is the show times and having kids age 5,10, and 12.. I hate to be on a schedule for dining and 6 is early for us. we usually like to relax after being out in the sun, etc for the day, and then shower and eat between 6:30-7:30.. but this might be a conflict w/ show times, kids activities.

does anyone have a schedule? captains dinners? formal nights?

thanks!

I can help with typical showtimes. No guarantee that these will be in effect in June, but it's something to go on:

Oasis: http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/showtimes/showtimes_OA.pdf

Allure: http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/showtimes/showtimes_AL.pdf

At this point in time I doubt the earlier Main Time Dining will be available since a lot of families choose the Main Time Dining earlier time. You may be able to get wait listed for it, it depends on how long the wait list is. You may get be able to choose the 8:30pm Main Time Dining. I think the My Time Dining is always available but I may be wrong on this one.

RCCL also offers My Family Time dining for kids 11 and under where the waiter makes sure he/she serves the applicable kids quickly and they are picked up from the dining room by the kids club to go to their activities and they are not forced to sit the entire 1 1/2 or 2 hours that dinner may take. The only way you can get this service is for the earlier Main Time Dining.

If you choose a later timed dining (7 or later), it may very well effect the kids club activities that are planned for the day. This is why you are only able to get My Family Time dining at the earlier Main Time Dining time. You will be able to pre-book your showtimes so the shows should't be a problem.

At this point in time I doubt the earlier Main Time Dining will be available since a lot of families choose the Main Time Dining earlier time. You may be able to get wait listed for it, it depends on how long the wait list is. You may get be able to choose the 8:30pm Main Time Dining. I think the My Time Dining is always available but I may be wrong on this one.

RCCL also offers My Family Time dining for kids 11 and under where the waiter makes sure he/she serves the applicable kids quickly and they are picked up from the dining room by the kids club to go to their activities and they are not forced to sit the entire 1 1/2 or 2 hours that dinner may take. The only way you can get this service is for the earlier Main Time Dining.

If you choose a later timed dining (7 or later), it may very well effect the kids club activities that are planned for the day. This is why you are only able to get My Family Time dining at the earlier Main Time Dining time. You will be able to pre-book your showtimes so the shows should't be a problem.

Thank you again soo much ! I just contacted my TA through the cruise site, who has been wonderful thus far with my questions i did NOT realize there might be a wait list ?OMG who would know. the issue is also I was getting pre-paid gratuities but it seems early seating might be a better option w/ kids so they can run off and do their things while we finish dinner etc and go to earlier shows and enjoy more night life, will be rushed a bit, depending on day. I like the my family time option as well as mtd.

i am checking with them now.

what exactly do the kids do at dinner times? are they available later for shows or they are too young for shows?

what exactly do the kids do at dinner times? are they available later for shows or they are too young for shows?

They will enjoy some of the shows. As far as the Allure/Oasis Chicago/Hairspray shows, I would think this would be too long for your children. Maybe your 12 year old would enjoy Hairspray but probably not. I don't think any would be able to do the Chicago, I know none of my would since I already asked them. I think they would definitely enjoy the aquatheater shows and ice skating shows but not the comedy show. Allure has a couple of extra "Dreamwork" shows that Oasis does not offer for the kids. They are "How to Train your Dragon" ice show and another kids themed aquatheater show that is done earlier in the day with Dreamwork characters but I forget the name of it, but again these are offered only on the Allure and can't be prebooked. Both ships offer the parades which I am sure all of your kids will love.

Going to the late shows (10pm and later) without the kids may be a problem for you because usually by that time the kids club hours are over and you will have to pay a fee to leave them there after that time. If you don't mind spending the extra money, it won't be a problem.

As far as what activities they do depends on the day and it varies greatly. They will give you the schedule. You probably can find one on CC to get ideas and figure out whether or not your children will want to go.

One warning about the kids club.....Don't assume your children will want to go, a lot of the times it depends on what kids are in it and who is running the club at that point. The kids club on the Explorer was the worst and it was solely because it wasn't being run correctly. It all depends on the experience of the employees running the club. We have had good experiences and bad ones, luckily our kids are perfectly content on spending their time with us if they so choose to and we actually like it that way (more time spent with them on board :) ).

They will enjoy some of the shows. As far as the Allure/Oasis Chicago/Hairspray shows, I would think this would be too long for your children. Maybe your 12 year old would enjoy Hairspray but probably not. I don't think any would be able to do the Chicago, I know none of my would since I already asked them. I think they would definitely enjoy the aquatheater shows and ice skating shows but not the comedy show. Allure has a couple of extra "Dreamwork" shows that Oasis does not offer for the kids. They are "How to Train your Dragon" ice show and another kids themed aquatheater show that is done earlier in the day with Dreamwork characters but I forget the name of it, but again these are offered only on the Allure and can't be prebooked. Both ships offer the parades which I am sure all of your kids will love.

Going to the late shows (10pm and later) without the kids may be a problem for you because usually by that time the kids club hours are over and you will have to pay a fee to leave them there after that time. If you don't mind spending the extra money, it won't be a problem.

As far as what activities they do depends on the day and it varies greatly. They will give you the schedule. You probably can find one on CC to get ideas and figure out whether or not your children will want to go.

One warning about the kids club.....Don't assume your children will want to go, a lot of the times it depends on what kids are in it and who is running the club at that point. The kids club on the Explorer was the worst and it was solely because it wasn't being run correctly. It all depends on the experience of the employees running the club. We have had good experiences and bad ones, luckily our kids are perfectly content on spending their time with us if they so choose to and we actually like it that way (more time spent with them on board :) ).

so do you take your kids to the chicago type show or what did you do with them if they didn't care for the kids club? i thought the club was open until midnight or 1am(not that my kids EVER stay up that late).. lol.. but curious.. ours are 50/50, if the clubs are fun they will go if not they will make friends and do their own thing they don't usually want to hang w/ us or wait for dinners etc .

so do you take your kids to the chicago type show or what did you do with them if they didn't care for the kids club?

i thought the club was open until midnight or 1am(not that my kids EVER stay up that late).. lol.. but curious.. ours are 50/50, if the clubs are fun they will go if not they will make friends and do their own thing they don't usually want to hang w/ us or wait for dinners etc .

You are able to leave the kids in the club until midnight (maybe even later), you just have to pay for it. I think we have only used this option a couple of times because our children wanted to do something special. We haven't cruised on the Allure/Oasis only the Freedom and Explorer. The shows on the Freedom and Explorer are kid friendly, so we didn't have a problem.

There is so much to do on the Freedom, that the kids really don't need to go to the kids club. Some of the things that we have done with them are the flowrider, ice skating, cupcake classes, shuffleboard and the rock climbing wall. Sometimes the kids clubs go to these areas also and that particular area (flowrider) is closed off to adults during that specific time.

One thing our family loves is every night in the lounge area there are games that you can participate in (like Battle of the Sexes, Family Quest, etc). Most of these activities are family friendly.

You have to also remember that the Freedom's Western itinerary has a very port intensive itinerary where we are at the ports most of the day doing excursions and very tired when we come back.

You are able to leave the kids in the club until midnight (maybe even later), you just have to pay for it. I think we have only used this option a couple of times because our children wanted to do something special. We haven't cruised on the Allure/Oasis only the Freedom and Explorer. The shows on the Freedom and Explorer are kid friendly, so we didn't have a problem.

There is so much to do on the Freedom, that the kids really don't need to go to the kids club. Some of the things that we have done with them are the flowrider, ice skating, cupcake classes, shuffleboard and the rock climbing wall. Sometimes the kids clubs go to these areas also and that particular area (flowrider) is closed off to adults during that specific time.

One thing our family loves is every night in the lounge area there are games that you can participate in (like Battle of the Sexes, Family Quest, etc). Most of these activities are family friendly.

You have to also remember that the Freedom's Western itinerary has a very port intensive itinerary where we are at the ports most of the day doing excursions and very tired when we come back.

Thank you you've been so helpful! Allure and oasis has 3 days at seas so I like that.

I do see freedoms itinerary western has an extra day at ports.

Thank you you've been so helpful! Allure and oasis has 3 days at seas so I like that.

I do see freedoms itinerary western has an extra day at ports.

You are more than welcome! :)

FYI, an extra sea day certainly is not going to hurt on the Allure/Oasis! At least you get an idea of what is offered. I'm pretty sure, if anything, that the Allure/Oasis will offer many more activities. When we do the Allure next year, I don't think we will be doing as many excursions as we usually do if any at all.

You are more than welcome! :)

FYI, an extra sea day certainly is not going to hurt on the Allure/Oasis! At least you get an idea of what is offered. I'm pretty sure, if anything, that the Allure/Oasis will offer many more activities. When we do the Allure next year, I don't think we will be doing as many excursions as we usually do if any at all.

I agree

We sailed the Oasis over thanksgiving and my 9 and 11 year olds sat through and enjoyed the shows. We couldn't do comedy, which left us 2 nights without shows. the kids wanted more.

We had late dining, (we came from the west coast), but after the first night, we didn't go back to the main dining room and did specialty restaurants the rest of the week.

My kids went to the kids club for an hour and refused to go back.

Archived