NCL Pearl Forward Penthouse - Deck 9 or 10?

Obi1

Looking at a Forward Penthouse for me, my husband and my 16 year old niece. We love to spend a lot of time on the balcony.

Looks like larger cabin & smaller balcony on deck 9 with smaller cabin & larger balcony on deck 10.

Looking for some input from someone that has sailed in these which would they take? Husband and I have sailed in FWD Penthouse on the Dawn and LOVED it. Niece has not cruised before. Was originally thinking about Breakaway, but didn't want to go on new ship with teenager. This will be 4th time on the Pearl...feels like "home". :)

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

The two cabins directly below the bridge on deck 10 have bump-outs in the cabin that increases the usable square footage inside the cabin. It decreases the size of the already large deck, so that's not an issue. We've had both aboard the Pearl and loved them.;)

Even though both balconies are very large, as you said one deck is larger than the other. We always go for the larger cabin. Either balcony is more than sufficient for three people so cabin size is our deciding factor.

We agree with you, forward suites are wonderful.

We were on the Pearl Thanksgiving week and in cabin 10002. As there were only 2 of us we opted for the larger balcony. In total we were a group of 13 in 5 cabins (2 penthouse, 3 balconies). I loved the bigger balcony with penthouse 10002 as we could all gather there with plenty of room. My niece with a total of 4 people (2 adults, 2 young children) was in penthouse 10500 which was the bigger interior and smaller balcony. Either would be great but depends on your needs. The service from the butler (Roland) was great.

The two cabins directly below the bridge on deck 10 have bump-outs in the cabin that increases the usable square footage inside the cabin. It decreases the size of the already large deck, so that's not an issue. We've had both aboard the Pearl and loved them.;)

we sailed in one of those bump out cabins on Gem [pearl's sister]. Cabin was bigger than others on sides and on deck 9. Really loved it, expect we could not keep the door open underway, which limited fresh air in cabin.

I liked it but would not book again, only aft PH.

What are the cabin numbers of the bump out cabins? (I think I am remembering 10000 and something else, but can't quite recall). Did you have to close your drapes in these at night? How was the motion of the ocean up front? TIA!

What are the cabin numbers of the bump out cabins? (I think I am remembering 10000 and something else, but can't quite recall). Did you have to close your drapes in these at night? How was the motion of the ocean up front? TIA!

10000 and 10500. Drapes had to be closed at night. We did not have any issues with the motion of the ship up front. But I think I have read that others noticed the motion more; maybe they encountered rough waters. We really enjoyed the extra room and extra window in these two suites. Balcony was still very roomy. From my observations, these two cabins are often the first to be booked. I think they are also the only two forward penthouse suites which will accommodate 4. The other 6 will accommodate a maximum of 3.

Thanks Journey! Were you able to use the balcony while underway? Does the storm door have to be closed while moving?

We were on the Pearl for a Pacific Coastal, so I am thinking that might have been cold/windy forward?

Thanks for all the help everyone - appreciate it! :-)

Turns out we are now going with two teenage girls and decided to forego the suite perks in favor of $$$ for other things.

Hopefully back to the suite life on the NEXTone, lol! (I see another cruise reward in my future...)

Archived