pool grill on oasis??

jpolm

I remember on past cruises there was a pool grill nearby and could order hamburgers/hots/fries etc.. yummo?

anything like that so you can eat at your lounger etc??

Jpolm...that's one of the things that I TRULY missed on the Oasis in September. The pool deck is nice, but extremely small and tight because RCCI configured much of the ship for Central Park and Boardwalk. As a result, there wasn't the evening buffet spreads, or the outside grill, or my absolute favorite sailaway line dance party on the deck; there just isn't room enough for it. To me, the smaller ships are better where that's concerned.

Now what you CAN do is visit the Wipeout Cafe, which is a small do-it-yourself, carry-out type restaurant. Hubby and I were able to make our own tacos, hot dogs, and burgers. They've got delicious fries and frozen yogurt that's to-die-for on a hot day! You can carry it all back to the outdoor seating or wherever you'd like.

Jpolm...that's one of the things that I TRULY missed on the Oasis in September. The pool deck is nice, but extremely small and tight because RCCI configured much of the ship for Central Park and Boardwalk. As a result, there wasn't the evening buffet spreads, or the outside grill, or my absolute favorite sailaway line dance party on the deck; there just isn't room enough for it. To me, the smaller ships are better where that's concerned.

Now what you CAN do is visit the Wipeout Cafe, which is a small do-it-yourself, carry-out type restaurant. Hubby and I were able to make our own tacos, hot dogs, and burgers. They've got delicious fries and frozen yogurt that's to-die-for on a hot day! You can carry it all back to the outdoor seating or wherever you'd like.

Yum!

No Wipeout Cafe for me, most of the time it's nothing but a pig trough. The place is usually a mess and it's the worst possible buffet. Plenty of kids picking up food and putting it back and no one uses any serving utensils. You can do a lot better on the ship. :mad:

No Wipeout Cafe for me, most of the time it's nothing but a pig trough. The place is usually a mess and it's the worst possible buffet. Plenty of kids picking up food and putting it back and no one uses any serving utensils. You can do a lot better on the ship. :mad:

I get your point, believe me. I didn't see any of that personally, but you run that risk at any open "pig trough" buffet...LOL.

Ditto, observed this behavior for about 10 minutes and went away in awe!

Archived