Silver Moon with kids ?

Tom4Ben

We will be in Barbados next April and just wondered if anyone has been on the Silver Moon with kids ? We have two boys aged 6 and 8. Although they can swim, I'm a little concerned as to whether it will be too difficult for them to swim at the snorkelling stops. They love animals and would be so excited to see the turtles - what do you think ?

Thanks in advance,

Julie (United Kingdom)

The service you get on board is first class. I am sure one of the crew will even join your kids in the water. They would love it...

Enjoy it. Went Jan this year and booked again for Jan next year... :D

Thanks for the reply. I've been in touch with Silver Moon yesterday so hopefully we can reserve our places as soon as possible. I'm sure the kids will love it but I just wanted a little reassurance.

Thanks again,

Julie :)

My wife and I went on the Silver Moon last year. My wife cannot swim. The crew put a life jacket on her and the captain ( Jason ) spent the entire time in the water helping her to snorkel with the turtles. Jason could not have been nicer, he is a wonderful person. The rest of the crew ( Ben & Gabby ) were equally as nice.

Go for it, the trip is an absolutely wonderful day.

Julie if I can ask one thing of you please.

Make a post upon your return on how it went...

Thanks John...

Small tip for you:

After your lunch stop the Cat goes to a sunken wreck where you can swim with the fish. Now the crew throws the left over rice etc overboard and this attacts the fish. I by accident had some cookies from the ship with us and once i saw the attraction I put the cookies in my bathing suit pockets and dove in. All others in the water could not figure out why I had all the fish around me. (LOL) Fish are harmless and your kids may enjoy YOU doing this...

I have pics of this event and will forward to an e-mail to excite your kids if you wish.

Thanks John...

Small tip for you:

After your lunch stop the Cat goes to a sunken wreck where you can swim with the fish. Now the crew throws the left over rice etc overboard and this attacts the fish. I by accident had some cookies from the ship with us and once i saw the attraction I put the cookies in my bathing suit pockets and dove in. All others in the water could not figure out why I had all the fish around me. (LOL) Fish are harmless and your kids may enjoy YOU doing this...

I have pics of this event and will forward to an e-mail to excite your kids if you wish.

Hey, I want pictures!! :D

christine500@msn.com

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks John...

Small tip for you:

If it's not too much trouble, can you send the pictures to me too please?

sjlowe@verizon.net

Thanks! :)

Archived