Dinner the 1st Night

lmca

Yes it is Cruise Casual but you still cannot do the shorts, swimsuits or flip flops in the MDR.

Enjoy your cruise....:)

Hi Darlene

I disagree. Being a LOT of folks don't get their luggage until after the first seating in the MDR, shorts, flip flops, and T shirts are allowed that first night.;)

I disagree. Being a LOT of folks don't get their luggage until after the first seating in the MDR, shorts, flip flops, and T shirts are allowed that first night.;)

I agree with you.

Even if you do get your luggage shorts are allowed ALL "casual" nights.

I don't know if the person who posted no shorts has not been on CCL in awhile or just wants to impose their own dress code.

Bill

On my Legend Cruise 2 weeks ago all I can say is that I would have felt out of place in Shorts and flip flops. Except for the last night (it felt like the whole ship was there) when you have to leave your cases outside I never saw anyone in the MDR in shorts or flip flops except a couple of children. That is not to say that someone got in that way, we ate early seating everynight in the dining room.

As far as putting my own request in, you really shound not judge folks that you do not know as you know nothing about them. When on vacation I like to do my own thing but do try and take others into consideration with the choices I make for myself.

On my Legend Cruise 2 weeks ago all I can say is that I would have felt out of place in Shorts and flip flops. Except for the last night (it felt like the whole ship was there) when you have to leave your cases outside I never saw anyone in the MDR in shorts or flip flops except a couple of children. That is not to say that someone got in that way, we ate early seating everynight in the dining room.

As far as putting my own request in, you really shound not judge folks that you do not know as you know nothing about them. When on vacation I like to do my own thing but do try and take others into consideration with the choices I make for myself.

I don't see anywhere in my post that I judged anybody.

I simply asked if you hadnt been on CCL or were suggesting the people not where shorts because that was your preference.

On CCL's website it states shorts are allowed. :)

Have a great weekend:)

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diane and I were on the same cruise a couple of weeks ago. We were fortunate that, at least in my cabin, all of our luggage was delivered AND we were completely unpacked before the ship even left the port.

I understand not everyone is so lucky.

But in my family, we "dress" for dinner every night, unless we ate upstairs. It's part of the experience, in our opinion. And we're not fancy people... just a working family with three young kids, making a memory.

That being said, you would have been hard pressed any night to find people in shorts or flip flops in the dining room on our cruise. I think most everyone "got into the spirit".

Plus it gets too chilly at night to wear shorts! :D

It does seem that they are getting better about getting the luggage to the cabins a bit quicker than they used to. Having said that, it's my opinion that the first night is the ONE night that almost anything goes in the dining room, because everyone has just gotten aboard, and very few have figured out where their cabin is, let alone getting unpacked and "squared away". In any case, relax, enjoy your first dinner aboard, and don't judge others because of their "wife beater shirt", and "flip-flops". Life goes on! ;)

"SKY"

Diane and I were on the same cruise a couple of weeks ago. We were fortunate that, at least in my cabin, all of our luggage was delivered AND we were completely unpacked before the ship even left the port.

I understand not everyone is so lucky.

But in my family, we "dress" for dinner every night, unless we ate upstairs. It's part of the experience, in our opinion. And we're not fancy people... just a working family with three young kids, making a memory.

That being said, you would have been hard pressed any night to find people in shorts or flip flops in the dining room on our cruise. I think most everyone "got into the spirit".

Plus it gets too chilly at night to wear shorts! :D

Thanks,

I was just telling the OP what I observed on my trip for them to consider what they want to do. Really I don't care what anyone does or dosen't do, I do what feels right for me and what I am comfortable with. I hope that you have a GREAT CRUISE AND VACATION!!!!:)

I sailed Carnival 4 times in past 12 months. I saw shorts in MDR almost every night, not just the first night. Personally I do not like shorts and flip flops in MDR. But I tried it once (not the 1st night), no one stopped me.

I sailed Carnival 4 times in past 12 months. I saw shorts in MDR almost every night, not just the first night. Personally I do not like shorts and flip flops in MDR. But I tried it once (not the 1st night), no one stopped me.

Yeah, I saw one guy in jeans on one of our Elegant evenings... Thanksgiving, no less!

They say they don't allow it, but obviously don't enforce it. Whatever, we enjoyed our dinner all dressed up and he was definitely a small minority.

I have never seen anyone rejected any night.

Now, if you ever see me, I will be wearing "dress shorts" a nice tropical shirt and boat shoes every night (except formal nights) in the MDR. See I dress up every day for work, and when I go on vacation, I choose not even bring a pair of pants. That being said, I would not dare wear shorts on formal nights, so I get stuck on the lido deck when you are eating lobster. Hopefully I have not offended anyone by my choice of attire.

-F-

Archived