Mariner OS Eastern Photos

Hey there!

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all of their help leading up to my first cruise! It was incredible and your help made it so! I love taking pictures (not that I am good at it, but enjoy it nonetheless). So I posted some pics of the Mariner OS Eastern Itinerary (May 1-8, 2005) if anyone is interested in seeing some pics of the Marinier and the ports.

I didn't post them all, since I took over 1100 pics that week, but there are plenty up there. I know how obsessive I was up until the day I left trying to find every possible detail and photo that I could, so I figured I would share for those who are obsessive like me.

The Ship:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/djames1313/sets/331092/

Port Canaveral:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/djames1313/sets/329962/

Nassau:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/djames1313/sets/329953/

St. Thomas:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/djames1313/sets/329945/

St. Marteen:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/djames1313/sets/329967/

The Food:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/djames1313/sets/329418/

The Fun:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/djames1313/sets/329923/

If you are a Flickr member (if not join for free! it's awesome.) you can comment and ask questions on the pics if you can't figure out what it is.

Now I have to start obsessing over the MOS western that we booked!!!

Have a great evening!

D.

(Hey, now I can be like everyone else and add my 1st cruise under my name! :) )

Those are great! You went all around the ship - It really brings back memories. Man I miss that thing!

If I find anything really good, one of your photos may overtake my current Mariner photo as my desktop background. ;)

Thanks so much for sharing your photos. I have been on MOS Eastern Cruise twice now and will go a third time next Feb. I love Mariner and it was wonderful to remember and look forward. By the way I'd say you are quite good at Photography. Beautiful shots! What type of camera do you use?

Thanks, Momesu, I appreciate that!

I can't wait to get on it again myself. We booked for January 06 and we are thinking about May 06 as well. I was so skeptical about going on this past cruise, but I was floored from the second we pulled into Port Canaveral and it just kept getting better the whole way through!

The camera is a Sony DSC-F828. Most of the pics were taken at 8mp so they are rather large prints.

CruiseAtlanta

WOW awesome pics - we leave in 5 weeks on the MOS

I have a couple of questions- in St Martin - what beach were you at - it also looked like you toured some of the island - on you own or hired someone, I have never been there, but especially liked where you visited - so what were your plans for the day?

Thanks for sharing

M.

Guest Jaxmania

We were on the Mariner in Nov. and I saw so many things in your photos that I had missed seeing when we were on the ship. What unique and different pictures you have taken. You have a wonderful eye for small details that the average person walks by and doesn't see. Thanks so much for sharing.

CruiseAtlanta

WOW awesome pics - we leave in 5 weeks on the MOS

I have a couple of questions- in St Martin - what beach were you at - it also looked like you toured some of the island - on you own or hired someone, I have never been there, but especially liked where you visited - so what were your plans for the day?

Thanks Mitaxi...

We didn't book any excursion through RCI, we "played it by ear". In St. Martin, we negotiated a taxi tour which took us through the entire island. I wanted to avoid downtown Philipsburg because it didn't look like much on our "tour". But after lunch, we ended up taking the water taxi to the beach downtown and it turned out to be awesome! We shopped, drank and played on the beach. St. Martin was absolutly the highlight of all of the ports. Great people, beautiful sights and great cocktails.

Thanks for sharing your photos. They were amazing! DH and I also did the eastern route on the Mariner back in October. I loved the beach downtown in St. Maarten where the water taxi stops. I had a fantistic time there!

Lisa

Absolutely awesome pics....I was on her in April, these bring back great memories.

Thanks for the pic of the urinal.....I told my wife about it while we were on the cruise...Now I can show it to her!:)

Super pics, thanks for taking the time to post for all of us to see.

I've search the web for months looking for photo's just like this, up close and not like the cruise site pics.

Thanks again.

Marcy

St. Martin was the highlight of the ports. Nassau was dirty, I wished we would ave gone to Paradise Island instead of downtown. St. Thomas was beautiful as well, although IMO downtown shopping was better than Havensight Mall.

We played it by ear and negotiated tours when we got off the ship. It was much cheaper than booking the excursions, because neither of us are scuba people and the RCI tours were expensive.

IMO, I wouldn't miss anything on St. Martin (both sides). Shopping was much better there than in St. Thomas and Nassau. The ship shape center was awesome, even if it was just for a sauna. The pool area seats fill up...watch the sun, we sat in the shade because no one else would and they turned out to be the best seats! Also, try Portofino's, it was worth every penny and then some. The Promenade Cafe was perfect for morning coffee, late night snacks and people watching. It was probably my favorite spot. I like the Schooner Bar best, they seemed to pour the strongest drinks and great service. Take advantage of everything you can or want to and try new things. It will be a blast!

LOL...I had to take the urinal pic, because I knew no one would believe me!!

I also tried to take photos of the details that I looked high and low for but couldn't find, so hopefully I got some shots that aren't replicated.

Thanks guys!

We were on the MOS last Sept., Western. & I knew we missed seeing a lot. Will be going Eastern this Oct. I've just lost 2 hrs. sleep looking at part of your pics and can't wait to get back tomorrow to finish them! Have you or will you be posting details of St. Maarten? Would love to trek up to Atl. & have you give details on where each pic was taken! Don't see how I can wait til Oct. now for sure. Going to post your site in our M&M for all to see.

Thx so much! :)

Del ..in Newnan

Del in Newnan...

Thanks for the kind words. I will be adding detail as I have time. I took too many pictures, so now I am struggling to label and title them. Also, if you move your curser over some of the pics of the ship, there are notes within the pic that give a bit more details.

We loved the eastern so much that we booked the western for January, 06 and are considering another run in May 06. We'll have to swap details of eastern / western intineraries!

D

Ok, I am going on MOS in October, with my dad and my son. I have to know where the urinal with a view is. I need to take them there (my 10 year old wouldn't know what to do.) :)

Pics are excellent - where are you in Atlanta?

Michelle - Gwinnett County

Archived