Mariner OS Eastern Photos

Hey Michelle,

East Atlanta Village here. The urinal with a view is off to the side of the entrance to the Windjammer. It is actually the closest men's room to the pool area. I was really embarrased taking that picture. Some other guy was in there at the same time and probably thought I was nuts!

Have fun!

These pictures are awesome. Best I have ever seen.

We are sailing on the MOS on July 10 to celebrate my daughters graduation from college. First cruise where both of my daughters are of legal drinking age. I'm scared of what my bar tab is going to be.....Oh well, you only live once.....................

Have sailed on both VOS and NOS. We are all big fans of Brito which is one of the reasons we are going on this ship. Living in Miami, I could have sailed from here but going on the MOS is worth the drive to Orlando.

We are also going to the Eastern side. How was the shopping in St. Maarten? That is what we like to do the most. Imagine we are women.

Lopsyl,

The shopping in St. Martin was awesome! Save your shopping money for this port! It was the best of the ports (best prices, best selection, best environment). The marketplace(s) were great, and good prices were readily avilable because we were the only ship in port that day. Downtown Philipsburg was fun to shop and stroll through. Didn't shop the shopping district in Marigot due to the fact that most of the shops were closed because it was a holiday for them, but the outdoor marketplace was great on the french side. Although, the shopping is great, don't forget to check out Orient Bay and some of the other great beaches. Just beautiful there!!!

Thanks for the kind words on the pics. I was a bit dissapointed in the Britto areas, due to touch ups and fading, but the staff assured me that the area was going to be cleaned up sometime this summer. For instance, the light pillars had grey touch up paint in certain areas and the awnings were fading due to the hot sun. But they claim they will all be refreshed. But regardless, if you are a fan of his work, you will enjoy the area immensly. My favorite peices were at the top of each staircase coming from the pool heading aft towards Ellington's. Check them out, there are four paintings on both sides of the ship and they were just awesome.

Good luck with the drinking daughters, they will only be 21 once! Let me know how you liked the ship when you get back. I fell in love with it the first day.

I have been on MOS Eastern Cruise twice now

I was on the Mariner in August of 2004 and thinking about going again in October this year, but I'm afraid they will have a lot of the same entertainment. How was your experience? Same Entertainment or different? How far apart were your two trips?

Hey Phyllis & Russ! We were on that 9 day cruise w/y'all last fall. What a time that was! Don't think we got to meet you. We're going MOS again Oct.2nd for the Eastern. I've been looking @ pics here & can't believe how much we missed. Can't count those extra days since they were a lil stressful! Did the CCL Glory for Valentine's and no comparison [iMHO]. Can not wait for this one. Think I read Beatlemania there now. Also have seen Charro's name @ times. Would be nice if we had fun, well known acts this time! The pics & notes re:St. Maarten really have me pumped! We have over 100 M&M in our group this time. Ck it out! :)

Del

We haven't been on the Mariner for the second time yet, however, they told us on the ship that the entertainment stays similar for up to a year. Not sure if that is true, regardless of the entertainment, we booked again because we just loved the ship and it would take another 2 weeks to see everything on it!

Have fun!

Thanks for the pics!! Just returned this past Sunday from the Eastern cruise on the Mariner and you filled in a lot of the shots I was already wishing I had taken!!

BTW - The glass walled restrooms are on Deck 11 near the aft stairs. This is very close to the entrance to the Windjammer. DW said the ladies room also had the glass walls!!

I was on the Mariner in August of 2004 and thinking about going again in October this year, but I'm afraid they will have a lot of the same entertainment. How was your experience? Same Entertainment or different? How far apart were your two trips?

Oh definatley go again. With the exception of the ice show all the entertainment is differant. Somethings were even different at the ice show but most was familiar. Even "the Quest" had different search items. In January the Beatlemaniacs" were the head liners. Being one of the original "Beatlemaniacs" in the 60's let me tell you that these guys are unbelievable. Actually they were very believable. I felt I was in a time warp. Go and have a great time. I can hardly wait till I am back aboard next February.:rolleyes:

I think I would agree with Momesu. We didn't even think twice about booking for the westernbefore we finished with the eastern. Now a third time within a year? that may be to much for me.

I agree that 3 times in a year would be a bit much. My vruises have each been about a year apart which does give me new entertainment each trip. Nowwhen life is good, I manage to plan another shorter cruise on a different ship. This Dec will be the newly stretched Enchantment to the western caribbean.

• 2 weeks later...

Great pics!! It sure brings back memories of my cruise on Mariner last July to the Eastern Caribbean. Mariner is my favorite of the Voyager class ships! As a cruise agent as well, I can't wait to cruise her again, hopefully soon!

• 9 months later...

Archived